FlightSafety International announces that Suren Meras has been promoted to Executive Director, Operations for the company’s global network of business and commercial aviation Learning Centers. Suren’s responsibilities include pilot, maintenance, cabin safety, dispatch and instructor training as well as customer support, courseware development and simulator operations.
“Suren’s thorough understanding of FlightSafety’s training programs, his focus on Customer service, and more than 35 years of aviation experience make him the ideal choice for this important role,” said Dann Runik, Senior Vice President, Operations. “Our Customers will appreciate his commitment to excellence and in-depth understanding of their needs and expectations.”
He joined FlightSafety in 2007 at the Toronto Learning Center where he served as Assistant Center Manager and Director of Training. Suren was promoted to Director, Training Operations in 2015 and then to Senior Director, Operations in 2018.
Suren holds Airline Transport Pilot certificates issued by EASA, the FAA and Transport Canada. He has been a qualified FAA Training Center Evaluator, and EASA Type Rating Examiner and Senior Flight Examiner. Suren has logged over 19,000 flight hours and is type rated in the Bombardier CRJ series of aircraft, Dash 8 100, Dash 8 200, Q300 and Q400, PC-24 as well as the Fokker F-27 and Fokker 70/100.
He is a graduate of the University of Toronto and Seneca College where he studied Child Psychology and Business Administration. Suren also earned an Executive MBA from the University of Texas in Dallas and holds diplomas in Law Enforcement from the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Academy and Canadian School of Private Investigation, and a certification diploma by the NTSB as an Aircraft Accident Investigator.
Prior to joining FlightSafety Suren was Chief Pilot, Head of Training, and a JAA Senior Examiner at Tyrolean Airways. He was also a Captain at City Express Airlines and Supervising Flight and Ground School Instructor at Central Airways Corporation.
- Black Hills Life Flight adds blood and plasma to all flights
- Kaikoura Helicopters partners with marine welfare organisation
- Ace Aeronautics Earns STC for ACE DECK VL-60 Integrated Flight Deck
- A Reduction in Helicopter Operations Leads to a Reduction in Accidents
- Airbus marks 60 years of long-standing partnership with Japan
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020