Guardian Mobility recently announced plans to roll out a new variant of its G4 flight tracking product with dual mode (Satellite and Cellular) capabilities. Guardian Mobility Business Development Manager Ken Stewart confirmed the company is testing a system that could benefit operators with metropolitan-bound missions.
Metro Aviation announced the acquisition of Guardian Mobility during Heli-Expo 2019, believing the product line was complementary to that offered by Outerlink Global Solutions, which was acquired by Metro in 2014. This new variant of the G4 system delivers a solution for customers of both companies.
With satellite and cellular connections, the G4 product line offers seamless coverage and cost-effective position reporting for high-resolution billing. Guardian Mobility built the system to remove any gap in coverage worldwide, including flights from urban to remote areas or vice versa.
For law enforcement agencies and others, this translates into a constant connection that allows aircraft flying into metropolitan areas to use the cellular network at a cheaper rate than satellite. Plus, customers will have the ability to communicate using the GMI Connect App over either network for a complete, cost-effective and seamless coverage solution.
Guardian Mobility will offer the small, lightweight platform as a fixed and portable installation, which is expected to release later this year.
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020