Guardian Mobility recently announced plans to roll out a new variant of its G4 flight tracking product with dual mode (Satellite and Cellular) capabilities. Guardian Mobility Business Development Manager Ken Stewart confirmed the company is testing a system that could benefit operators with metropolitan-bound missions.
Metro Aviation announced the acquisition of Guardian Mobility during Heli-Expo 2019, believing the product line was complementary to that offered by Outerlink Global Solutions, which was acquired by Metro in 2014. This new variant of the G4 system delivers a solution for customers of both companies.
With satellite and cellular connections, the G4 product line offers seamless coverage and cost-effective position reporting for high-resolution billing. Guardian Mobility built the system to remove any gap in coverage worldwide, including flights from urban to remote areas or vice versa.
For law enforcement agencies and others, this translates into a constant connection that allows aircraft flying into metropolitan areas to use the cellular network at a cheaper rate than satellite. Plus, customers will have the ability to communicate using the GMI Connect App over either network for a complete, cost-effective and seamless coverage solution.
Guardian Mobility will offer the small, lightweight platform as a fixed and portable installation, which is expected to release later this year.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit