HeliTSA’s AW139 and S-92 type courses have been granted European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Part 147 Maintenance Training Organisation approval.
This approval comes after HeliTSA transitioned to its own Part 147 late last year. It makes HeliTSA the only Australian organisation currently running type training on the AW139 and S-92 with both CASA and EASA approvals.
“This approval is attractive to engineers with an EASA licence, as well as CASA-licensed engineers who want to access the best standard of training,” says Pep Sayabath, HeliTSA Co-Founder and Avionics Instructor.
“We initially launched with EASA approval, and the transition to our own Part 147 means that our courseware has now been scrutinised by EASA twice and passed.
“Developing the materials for each type course is an intensive process that takes 12 months, so we are really pleased to see our efforts recognised.”
Being an Australian-based provider makes HeliTSA a cost-effective option for EASA-licensed engineers, due to the exchange rate of the Australian dollar.
Uptake of the AW139 continues to grow worldwide, with a fleet of more than 900 aircraft currently in operation around the world.
The S-92 is a leading choice for offshore operations globally, with 90% of the fleet’s registered flight hours being for offshore oil operations. There are currently more than 300 S-92 aircraft operating in 92 countries around the world.
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International