HeliTSA’s AW139 and S-92 type courses have been granted European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) Part 147 Maintenance Training Organisation approval.
This approval comes after HeliTSA transitioned to its own Part 147 late last year. It makes HeliTSA the only Australian organisation currently running type training on the AW139 and S-92 with both CASA and EASA approvals.
“This approval is attractive to engineers with an EASA licence, as well as CASA-licensed engineers who want to access the best standard of training,” says Pep Sayabath, HeliTSA Co-Founder and Avionics Instructor.
“We initially launched with EASA approval, and the transition to our own Part 147 means that our courseware has now been scrutinised by EASA twice and passed.
“Developing the materials for each type course is an intensive process that takes 12 months, so we are really pleased to see our efforts recognised.”
Being an Australian-based provider makes HeliTSA a cost-effective option for EASA-licensed engineers, due to the exchange rate of the Australian dollar.
Uptake of the AW139 continues to grow worldwide, with a fleet of more than 900 aircraft currently in operation around the world.
The S-92 is a leading choice for offshore operations globally, with 90% of the fleet’s registered flight hours being for offshore oil operations. There are currently more than 300 S-92 aircraft operating in 92 countries around the world.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot