Lease Corporation International (LCI),a leading helicopter lessor and the aviation division of the Libra Group, has successfully closed a new asset-backed helicopter facility in excess of US$135 million with a syndicate of five banks led by CIT Group Inc. as agent.
The new facility, which has been agreed with CIT, National Westminster Bank Plc, National Australia Bank Limited, Barclays Bank PLC and The Huntington National Bank, will be used to support the continuing development and expansion of LCI’s fleet.
LCI has also agreed to similar financing facilities this year with CaixaBank and Close Brothers Aviation and Marine. This brings the total amount of helicopter debt financing that LCI has raised since January 2018 to more than US$280 million.
Jaspal Jandu, Chief Financial Officer of LCI, said: “We are delighted that LCI’s long-held commitment to strong but balanced growth across multiple markets and sectors has been recognised in this vote of confidence from five major financial institutions. This facility, arranged and closed during a period of major industry realignment, will enable us to pursue the continued growth of our diversely-placed fleet.”
John P. Heskin, Managing Director & Group Head of CIT’s Aerospace, Defence and Government Services group, said: “As long-term financial partners of LCI, we have been consistently impressed by LCI’s strong leasing platform, management and diversified approach to the marketplace, and we are pleased to strengthen our relationship further.”
LCI’s fleet, which comprises approximately US$1 billion of assets in service, on order and under control, is focused on the latest technology medium and super medium helicopters manufactured by the leading helicopter OEMs including Leonardo, Airbus and Sikorsky.
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines
- NATA Announces 2020-2021 Board of Directors
- UAE and US Forces Conduct Combined Joint Operations in Arabian Gulf