Lease Corporation International (LCI),a leading helicopter lessor and the aviation division of the Libra Group, has successfully closed a new asset-backed helicopter facility in excess of US$135 million with a syndicate of five banks led by CIT Group Inc. as agent.
The new facility, which has been agreed with CIT, National Westminster Bank Plc, National Australia Bank Limited, Barclays Bank PLC and The Huntington National Bank, will be used to support the continuing development and expansion of LCI’s fleet.
LCI has also agreed to similar financing facilities this year with CaixaBank and Close Brothers Aviation and Marine. This brings the total amount of helicopter debt financing that LCI has raised since January 2018 to more than US$280 million.
Jaspal Jandu, Chief Financial Officer of LCI, said: “We are delighted that LCI’s long-held commitment to strong but balanced growth across multiple markets and sectors has been recognised in this vote of confidence from five major financial institutions. This facility, arranged and closed during a period of major industry realignment, will enable us to pursue the continued growth of our diversely-placed fleet.”
John P. Heskin, Managing Director & Group Head of CIT’s Aerospace, Defence and Government Services group, said: “As long-term financial partners of LCI, we have been consistently impressed by LCI’s strong leasing platform, management and diversified approach to the marketplace, and we are pleased to strengthen our relationship further.”
LCI’s fleet, which comprises approximately US$1 billion of assets in service, on order and under control, is focused on the latest technology medium and super medium helicopters manufactured by the leading helicopter OEMs including Leonardo, Airbus and Sikorsky.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit