On 12 July 2019 Robinson Helicopter Company expanded its FAA/EASA approved Repair Station by opening a stand-alone 37,000 square foot facility dedicated to repairs and overhauls. Completed in approximately 18 months, the facility was designed to streamline the repair, inspection, and overhaul process.
As the size of the Robinson fleet (12,000+) grows, the demand for quick repair of parts and component overhauls increases each year. To maximize efficiency, Robinson organized the new space around the flow of parts. “The goal is to ensure parts are easily accounted for throughout each process and each process is done quickly and efficiently,” stated John Hernandez, Robinson’s Repair Station Manager. Dedicated areas for disassembly and storage of blades, engines, and components, along with a large media blasting room, a clean room for hydraulic disassembly and ultrasonic cleaning, are all situated in close proximity.
In addition to the steady flow of repair and overhauled parts, Robinson performs helicopter repairs and overhauls in-house. The new facility is set-up to efficiently tear-down, clean and inspect components, engines and complete aircraft. Once aircraft are disassembled, cleaned and inspected they are brought to the main facility for reassembly, paint, flight test, and delivery.
Following the opening of the new facility, John Hernandez noted, “Whether it is an aircraft or individual component, Robinson Helicopter is dedicated to supporting our helicopters for as long as they are in operation.”
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software