On 12 July 2019 Robinson Helicopter Company expanded its FAA/EASA approved Repair Station by opening a stand-alone 37,000 square foot facility dedicated to repairs and overhauls. Completed in approximately 18 months, the facility was designed to streamline the repair, inspection, and overhaul process.
As the size of the Robinson fleet (12,000+) grows, the demand for quick repair of parts and component overhauls increases each year. To maximize efficiency, Robinson organized the new space around the flow of parts. “The goal is to ensure parts are easily accounted for throughout each process and each process is done quickly and efficiently,” stated John Hernandez, Robinson’s Repair Station Manager. Dedicated areas for disassembly and storage of blades, engines, and components, along with a large media blasting room, a clean room for hydraulic disassembly and ultrasonic cleaning, are all situated in close proximity.
In addition to the steady flow of repair and overhauled parts, Robinson performs helicopter repairs and overhauls in-house. The new facility is set-up to efficiently tear-down, clean and inspect components, engines and complete aircraft. Once aircraft are disassembled, cleaned and inspected they are brought to the main facility for reassembly, paint, flight test, and delivery.
Following the opening of the new facility, John Hernandez noted, “Whether it is an aircraft or individual component, Robinson Helicopter is dedicated to supporting our helicopters for as long as they are in operation.”
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit