On August 13th-16th Robinson Helicopter Company will host the U.S. Helicopter Safety Team’s (USHST) annual meeting at its Torrance, California factory. The meeting follows the USHST’s recent call to action to the helicopter community to address rising accident rates.
The safety conference kicks off with a Steering Committee meeting on Tuesday, followed by two days of USHST general meetings and presentations. Due to the excellent response, both meetings are closed to additional participation. The conference concludes on Friday, August 16th, with a safety workshop presented by the Helicopter Safety Alliance.
The annual focus on safety continues to gather industry support, with this year’s USHST meeting set to bring together over one hundred individuals from across the industry including representatives from the FAA, Airbus, Bell, Sikorsky, UAVOS, EMS, police, OEMs, and other operators.
Robinson is pleased to be this year’s host and hopes the expanded safety conference will strengthen efforts throughout the industry to prioritize safety.
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid
- COVID-19 – London Heliport announces temporary closure
- Lockheed Martin’s FARA Enters Prototype Phase
- COVID-19 – 3 British Army AW159 Wildcats have been deployed to support UK with COVID-19
- HAI Urges Caution Re FAA Announcement for Airmen Medical Certificates
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers
- COVID-19 – Leonardoto provide resources and people in support of COVID-19
- CHC calls for papers for Safety & Quality Summit
- SAFE to distribute M2 ERFS Tank Shoring System for CH-47
- COVID-19 – HAI applauds Congressional Action on pandemic relief
- General Electric awarded $11M extra for Presidential V-92 contract
- COVID19 – Bristow repurposes three ex-Coast Guard S92s for Corona virus transport
- COVID-19 – EBAA partners with Osprey Flight Solutions
- Bell awarded $815M contract for UH-1Y and AH-1Z repairs and upgrades
- COVID-19 – Aerial Firefighters adjust to the pandemic
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135