Helicentre Aviation is excited to announce it is working with Bristow Helicopters and will be awarding a brand new 2019 “Bristow” Commercial Pilot Scholarship, adding to the Academy’s well-established and highly successful Professional Helicopter Pilot Scholarship Programme. The joint initiative is driven by both companies’ pro-active approach to recruitment, attracting fresh talent to industry, and helping stand-out individuals progress into careers which include Oil and Gas and SAR.
The Scholarship Programme which is now entering its eighth year running, was originally created by Helicentre to meet its own recruitment needs, owing to the success of its professional flight training and utility operations.
Graduates of the programme, through initial employment as Flight Instructors at the Academy, have since become established in a variety of offshore and onshore roles including Oil and Gas, Utility and HEMS. Bristow Helicopters UK operates multi-engine IFR passenger transport in support of the Oil and Gas Industry, and Search and Rescue missions on behalf of Her Majesty’s Coastguard.
The winner of the Bristow Scholarship will receive full funding of their 35-hour modular CPL(H) course from Helicentre, but will also benefit from access to Bristow’s expertise, being individually mentored with opportunities to see the operation and develop the skills and attributes required of an offshore helicopter pilot.
With Bristow actively participating in Helicentre’s 2019 selection process, and the addition of yet another scholarship to the existing CPL(H), FI(H) and part-funded scholarships on offer, the calibre and performance of applicants is expected to be extremely high. The scholarship programme is proven in creating increased career awareness and providing life-changing opportunities to trainee helicopter pilots. So far the value of scholarships awarded by Helicentre has exceeded £650,000.
Helicentre Aviation is proud to be working so closely with Bristow Helicopters, extending the success of the programme, through a synonymous industry partnership, into a direct pathway for Academy graduates to become established in offshore careers. Applicants for the 2019 Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship must have obtained their PPL(H) at Helicentre Aviation Academy. Full eligibility criteria and timescales for selection will be released shortly. Meanwhile those interested in learning more about the programme should register their interest here.
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center