Helicentre Aviation is excited to announce it is working with Bristow Helicopters and will be awarding a brand new 2019 “Bristow” Commercial Pilot Scholarship, adding to the Academy’s well-established and highly successful Professional Helicopter Pilot Scholarship Programme. The joint initiative is driven by both companies’ pro-active approach to recruitment, attracting fresh talent to industry, and helping stand-out individuals progress into careers which include Oil and Gas and SAR.
The Scholarship Programme which is now entering its eighth year running, was originally created by Helicentre to meet its own recruitment needs, owing to the success of its professional flight training and utility operations.
Graduates of the programme, through initial employment as Flight Instructors at the Academy, have since become established in a variety of offshore and onshore roles including Oil and Gas, Utility and HEMS. Bristow Helicopters UK operates multi-engine IFR passenger transport in support of the Oil and Gas Industry, and Search and Rescue missions on behalf of Her Majesty’s Coastguard.
The winner of the Bristow Scholarship will receive full funding of their 35-hour modular CPL(H) course from Helicentre, but will also benefit from access to Bristow’s expertise, being individually mentored with opportunities to see the operation and develop the skills and attributes required of an offshore helicopter pilot.
With Bristow actively participating in Helicentre’s 2019 selection process, and the addition of yet another scholarship to the existing CPL(H), FI(H) and part-funded scholarships on offer, the calibre and performance of applicants is expected to be extremely high. The scholarship programme is proven in creating increased career awareness and providing life-changing opportunities to trainee helicopter pilots. So far the value of scholarships awarded by Helicentre has exceeded £650,000.
Helicentre Aviation is proud to be working so closely with Bristow Helicopters, extending the success of the programme, through a synonymous industry partnership, into a direct pathway for Academy graduates to become established in offshore careers. Applicants for the 2019 Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship must have obtained their PPL(H) at Helicentre Aviation Academy. Full eligibility criteria and timescales for selection will be released shortly. Meanwhile those interested in learning more about the programme should register their interest here.
- Black Hills Life Flight adds blood and plasma to all flights
- Kaikoura Helicopters partners with marine welfare organisation
- Ace Aeronautics Earns STC for ACE DECK VL-60 Integrated Flight Deck
- A Reduction in Helicopter Operations Leads to a Reduction in Accidents
- Airbus marks 60 years of long-standing partnership with Japan
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020