Helicentre Aviation is excited to announce it is working with Bristow Helicopters and will be awarding a brand new 2019 “Bristow” Commercial Pilot Scholarship, adding to the Academy’s well-established and highly successful Professional Helicopter Pilot Scholarship Programme. The joint initiative is driven by both companies’ pro-active approach to recruitment, attracting fresh talent to industry, and helping stand-out individuals progress into careers which include Oil and Gas and SAR.
The Scholarship Programme which is now entering its eighth year running, was originally created by Helicentre to meet its own recruitment needs, owing to the success of its professional flight training and utility operations.
Graduates of the programme, through initial employment as Flight Instructors at the Academy, have since become established in a variety of offshore and onshore roles including Oil and Gas, Utility and HEMS. Bristow Helicopters UK operates multi-engine IFR passenger transport in support of the Oil and Gas Industry, and Search and Rescue missions on behalf of Her Majesty’s Coastguard.
The winner of the Bristow Scholarship will receive full funding of their 35-hour modular CPL(H) course from Helicentre, but will also benefit from access to Bristow’s expertise, being individually mentored with opportunities to see the operation and develop the skills and attributes required of an offshore helicopter pilot.
With Bristow actively participating in Helicentre’s 2019 selection process, and the addition of yet another scholarship to the existing CPL(H), FI(H) and part-funded scholarships on offer, the calibre and performance of applicants is expected to be extremely high. The scholarship programme is proven in creating increased career awareness and providing life-changing opportunities to trainee helicopter pilots. So far the value of scholarships awarded by Helicentre has exceeded £650,000.
Helicentre Aviation is proud to be working so closely with Bristow Helicopters, extending the success of the programme, through a synonymous industry partnership, into a direct pathway for Academy graduates to become established in offshore careers. Applicants for the 2019 Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship must have obtained their PPL(H) at Helicentre Aviation Academy. Full eligibility criteria and timescales for selection will be released shortly. Meanwhile those interested in learning more about the programme should register their interest here.
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand