On July 25th Robinson Helicopter Company delivered two R44 Raven IIs to the Philippine National Police (PNP). The aircraft were purchased through Robinson’s longtime dealer Lionair Inc. (Manilla, Philippines), marking the first acquisition of Robinson helicopters by the Philippine government.
The PNP is the armed civilian national police force tasked with law enforcement throughout the Southeast Asian country’s 7,000+ islands. The acquisition is part of an overall effort by the government to strengthen and expand its law enforcement.
Upon their arrival in Manila, the R44s will be turned over to the Special Action Force Aviation Unit (SAF-AU) to be used for training. Police Lt. Colonel Ruel Zalatar, Chief of PNP-SAF-AU, who has logged significant time in various rotorcraft, believes the R44 is well suited for training and enhancing police-related skills namely surveillance, patrol, and aerial reconnaissance. The R44’s ease of maintenance and low operating costs allows more pilots to receive additional training before moving up to the fleet’s higher category rotorcraft.
Robinson Helicopter Company along with its international dealer network is proud to partner with government and private entities, increasing its global presence by providing high quality, reliable helicopters throughout the world
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit