On July 25th Robinson Helicopter Company delivered two R44 Raven IIs to the Philippine National Police (PNP). The aircraft were purchased through Robinson’s longtime dealer Lionair Inc. (Manilla, Philippines), marking the first acquisition of Robinson helicopters by the Philippine government.
The PNP is the armed civilian national police force tasked with law enforcement throughout the Southeast Asian country’s 7,000+ islands. The acquisition is part of an overall effort by the government to strengthen and expand its law enforcement.
Upon their arrival in Manila, the R44s will be turned over to the Special Action Force Aviation Unit (SAF-AU) to be used for training. Police Lt. Colonel Ruel Zalatar, Chief of PNP-SAF-AU, who has logged significant time in various rotorcraft, believes the R44 is well suited for training and enhancing police-related skills namely surveillance, patrol, and aerial reconnaissance. The R44’s ease of maintenance and low operating costs allows more pilots to receive additional training before moving up to the fleet’s higher category rotorcraft.
Robinson Helicopter Company along with its international dealer network is proud to partner with government and private entities, increasing its global presence by providing high quality, reliable helicopters throughout the world
- Airbus adds more power and enhanced aerial work capabilities for the H125
- Leonardo provides update on AW609 tiltrotor training
- MD completes all required tests for MD530F MGTOW Increase to 3,350 Pounds
- Rotortrade reports on 2019 activity
- Air Zermatt picks VR technology H125 training solution
- Leonardo to acquire Kopter
- MD offers Glass Cockpit Solutions for MD500E and MD520N
- Heli-One develops new H225 mods
- IOGP oil & gas companies commit to joint project with HeliOffshore
- Sikorsky introduces S-92A+ and S-92B upgrades
- LCI charts 2020 growth with new partnerships
- MD Helicopters Capitalizes on Joint Operational Capability to Improve Production Processes
- Universal Avionics InSight™ Display System Selected for MD Explorer
- Keith Mullett joins HeliOffshore Board
- Universal Avionics SkyVis™ Selected for new German H215s
- Universal Avionics Introduces Latest in ‘Fly by Sight’ Flight Deck Concept
- MD to Feature Fresno Sheriff MD530F and MD530G Block II at Heli-Expo 2020
- Rotortrade Selects Heli-One To Perform Two H225 Return-to-Service
- Collins Aerospace promotes Goodrich rescue hoist on S70 Firehawk
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139