As part of celebrating 35 years of operations in Canada, Airbus will present the 2019 Innovation in Safety Award at this year’s Helicopter Association of Canada’s annual conference on November 16th in Vancouver, BC. The award recipient(s) will receive a cash prize of $10,000 CAD in addition to recognition from the industry.
“Our priority has always been to recognize the advancements and accomplishments of Canadian organizations and individuals dedicated to rotary-wing safety,” said Romain Trapp, Head of Airbus Helicopters North America. “This award is a testimony to the importance of safety and the extraordinary degree of professionalism and innovation found in today’s Canadian helicopter operations.”
The award will be presented to the nominee(s) whose innovative approach has demonstrated an impact on the overall goal of rotary-wing safe flying practices, as recognized through the analysis of skill development, training and any additional resources.
The winner of the Innovation in Safety Award will be chosen through a committee selection process. Past recipients include Geoff Goodyear – President of Universal Helicopters, Paul Spring – President of Phoenix Heli-Flight, Blackcomb Aviation, B.C. Hydro and most recently, Niagara Helicopters.
To be eligible nominees must be a Canadian-based organization, group, company, agency or individual resident and meet at least one of the following criteria:
• Have a career in helicopter flying, training and maintenance – minimum 20 years, without any accidents.
• Display professionalism and safe flying experience, demonstrating a remarkable example for future helicopter pilots.
• Demonstrate a commitment and exceptional dedication to Canadian rotor wing operational safety.
• Have successfully instituted a program or research project that has had a significant impact on safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
• Show an outstanding act, effort, contribution or service to safety in the Canadian rotary- wing industry.
The 2019 ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ application is located on the Airbus Helicopters Canada website. Deadline for submission is September 20th, 2019
Please email applications to [email protected]
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit
- Philippine National Police Chooses R44s for Training