As part of celebrating 35 years of operations in Canada, Airbus will present the 2019 Innovation in Safety Award at this year’s Helicopter Association of Canada’s annual conference on November 16th in Vancouver, BC. The award recipient(s) will receive a cash prize of $10,000 CAD in addition to recognition from the industry.
“Our priority has always been to recognize the advancements and accomplishments of Canadian organizations and individuals dedicated to rotary-wing safety,” said Romain Trapp, Head of Airbus Helicopters North America. “This award is a testimony to the importance of safety and the extraordinary degree of professionalism and innovation found in today’s Canadian helicopter operations.”
The award will be presented to the nominee(s) whose innovative approach has demonstrated an impact on the overall goal of rotary-wing safe flying practices, as recognized through the analysis of skill development, training and any additional resources.
The winner of the Innovation in Safety Award will be chosen through a committee selection process. Past recipients include Geoff Goodyear – President of Universal Helicopters, Paul Spring – President of Phoenix Heli-Flight, Blackcomb Aviation, B.C. Hydro and most recently, Niagara Helicopters.
To be eligible nominees must be a Canadian-based organization, group, company, agency or individual resident and meet at least one of the following criteria:
• Have a career in helicopter flying, training and maintenance – minimum 20 years, without any accidents.
• Display professionalism and safe flying experience, demonstrating a remarkable example for future helicopter pilots.
• Demonstrate a commitment and exceptional dedication to Canadian rotor wing operational safety.
• Have successfully instituted a program or research project that has had a significant impact on safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
• Show an outstanding act, effort, contribution or service to safety in the Canadian rotary- wing industry.
The 2019 ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ application is located on the Airbus Helicopters Canada website. Deadline for submission is September 20th, 2019
Please email applications to [email protected]
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center