As part of celebrating 35 years of operations in Canada, Airbus will present the 2019 Innovation in Safety Award at this year’s Helicopter Association of Canada’s annual conference on November 16th in Vancouver, BC. The award recipient(s) will receive a cash prize of $10,000 CAD in addition to recognition from the industry.
“Our priority has always been to recognize the advancements and accomplishments of Canadian organizations and individuals dedicated to rotary-wing safety,” said Romain Trapp, Head of Airbus Helicopters North America. “This award is a testimony to the importance of safety and the extraordinary degree of professionalism and innovation found in today’s Canadian helicopter operations.”
The award will be presented to the nominee(s) whose innovative approach has demonstrated an impact on the overall goal of rotary-wing safe flying practices, as recognized through the analysis of skill development, training and any additional resources.
The winner of the Innovation in Safety Award will be chosen through a committee selection process. Past recipients include Geoff Goodyear – President of Universal Helicopters, Paul Spring – President of Phoenix Heli-Flight, Blackcomb Aviation, B.C. Hydro and most recently, Niagara Helicopters.
To be eligible nominees must be a Canadian-based organization, group, company, agency or individual resident and meet at least one of the following criteria:
• Have a career in helicopter flying, training and maintenance – minimum 20 years, without any accidents.
• Display professionalism and safe flying experience, demonstrating a remarkable example for future helicopter pilots.
• Demonstrate a commitment and exceptional dedication to Canadian rotor wing operational safety.
• Have successfully instituted a program or research project that has had a significant impact on safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
• Show an outstanding act, effort, contribution or service to safety in the Canadian rotary- wing industry.
The 2019 ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ application is located on the Airbus Helicopters Canada website. Deadline for submission is September 20th, 2019
Please email applications to [email protected]
- AEM Plans for Continued Growth with New Facility
- Winners of 37th Annual VFS Student Design Competition announced
- Jolly Green II begins aerial refueling tests
- Great North Air Ambulance adds AS365N3+ Dauphin
- Western Australia police orders first five-bladed H145
- Wysong enterprises completes Eagle 407HP for Helicopter Express
- Bell Takes Manufacturing to New Heights
- Netherlands’ Chinook purchase strengthens US-Coalition capabilities
- Children’s Air Ambulance offers pioneering medical treatment
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2020
- Leonardo are test flying AW169 with skids
- FAA to Host Virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference
- 13-Aug-20 SP-SVW Robinson R44 Sady, Poland
- 13-Aug-20 OK-??? Robinson R44 Zamberk, Czech Republic
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000