As part of celebrating 35 years of operations in Canada, Airbus will present the 2019 Innovation in Safety Award at this year’s Helicopter Association of Canada’s annual conference on November 16th in Vancouver, BC. The award recipient(s) will receive a cash prize of $10,000 CAD in addition to recognition from the industry.
“Our priority has always been to recognize the advancements and accomplishments of Canadian organizations and individuals dedicated to rotary-wing safety,” said Romain Trapp, Head of Airbus Helicopters North America. “This award is a testimony to the importance of safety and the extraordinary degree of professionalism and innovation found in today’s Canadian helicopter operations.”
The award will be presented to the nominee(s) whose innovative approach has demonstrated an impact on the overall goal of rotary-wing safe flying practices, as recognized through the analysis of skill development, training and any additional resources.
The winner of the Innovation in Safety Award will be chosen through a committee selection process. Past recipients include Geoff Goodyear – President of Universal Helicopters, Paul Spring – President of Phoenix Heli-Flight, Blackcomb Aviation, B.C. Hydro and most recently, Niagara Helicopters.
To be eligible nominees must be a Canadian-based organization, group, company, agency or individual resident and meet at least one of the following criteria:
• Have a career in helicopter flying, training and maintenance – minimum 20 years, without any accidents.
• Display professionalism and safe flying experience, demonstrating a remarkable example for future helicopter pilots.
• Demonstrate a commitment and exceptional dedication to Canadian rotor wing operational safety.
• Have successfully instituted a program or research project that has had a significant impact on safety in the Canadian rotor wing industry.
• Show an outstanding act, effort, contribution or service to safety in the Canadian rotary- wing industry.
The 2019 ‘Innovation in Safety Award’ application is located on the Airbus Helicopters Canada website. Deadline for submission is September 20th, 2019
Please email applications to [email protected]
- Global AirParts announces S-76 part out from LCI
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program
- MissionGO Completes Longest Organ Delivery Flight via UAS
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet