Cornwall Air Ambulance Trust has appointed its first ever Vice President. Dr Ed Abrahamson will take on the honorary position, which is offered to the charity’s most committed and influential supporters.
One of the country’s leading Consultant Paediatricians, Dr Ed divides his time between Chelsea & Westminster Hospital and his private clinic at BUPA Cromwell Hospital. In addition, he also works as an honorary consultant to Imperial College School of Medicine. Based in Cornwall, his interest in emergency medicine brought him to support Cornwall Air Ambulance.
In the last year, Dr Ed has raised more than £50,000 for the lifesaving charity. His connections have also brought businesses and well-known faces to support the charity including Dr Gabriel Weston, BBC reporter David Shukman, and TV presenter Alex Polizzi.
Dr Ed said: “Cornwall Air Ambulance embodies everything I believe in, rapid access to high quality emergency healthcare for all. This is never more relevant than for Cornwall where the distances and remoteness of many areas means this outreach critical care service is, for many patients, the only realistic chance of a good outcome – that is why I became involved with the charity.
“I hope I can do justice to this incredibly prestigious position and continue to raise the awareness and bring new contacts into the charity’s amazingly important world.”
Dr Ed takes up his new position alongside Royal Patron The Duchess of Cornwall and President Colonel Edward Bolitho.
Sarah Pryce, Chair of the Board of Trustees for Cornwall Air Ambulance, said: “This is an important moment for the charity- it is the first time we have appointed a Vice President. We feel we have found the very best person to take on the position and strengthen the team we have.”
Paula Martin, Chief Executive of Cornwall Air Ambulance, said: “Dr Ed is one of our most committed supporters, from his incredible personal fundraising efforts, to the vital connections he has made to help raise the profile of the charity. We know he will be a wonderful ambassador and help us to increase support for the service beyond Cornwall.”
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics