Life Flight Network, the largest not-for-profit air medical transport service in the United States, has been awarded accreditation renewal by the National Accreditation Alliance of Medical Transport Applications (NAAMTA) for its ground, fixed-wing, and rotor-wing medical transport services.
As part of the accreditation process, NAAMTA conducted a comprehensive evaluation of Life Flight Network’s policies and practices related to patient care and safety. Life Flight Network has maintained NAAMTA accreditation since 2016.
“Roylen Griffin, Executive Director at NAAMTA Global stated: “We are proud to have Life Flight Network as an ongoing and active member of the NAAMTA Alliance. The dedication and time involved in this process show Life Flight Network’s determination to excel in quality patient care and transport safety.”
NAAMTA Global accreditation is the result of compliance with standards that focus on safety and quality patient care. Life Flight Network was able to demonstrate compliance to each of the defined standards, identify best practice procedures, and demonstrate a culture of safety and teamwork. NAAMTA found their compliance to be evident through process reviews, employee interviews, and on-site evaluations, all of which were conducted using ISO 9001:2015 auditing guidelines.
As a result of accreditation renewal, Life Flight Network is an exemplary NAAMTA Global Alliance member and continues to enjoy all associated benefits. The NAAMTA Alliance unifies accredited organizations in the promotion of continuous improvement. NAAMTA salutes Life Flight Network for achieving accreditation and looks forward to the contributions they will share with the NAAMTA Alliance.
“Safety and patient care are our top priorities,” said Life Flight Network CEO Michael Griffiths. “We are uncompromising in our adherence to the highest safety and quality care standards, and our accreditation by NAAMTA is an illustration of that commitment.”
Life Flight Network’s focus on safety and high-quality medical care are evidenced by in-house expertise and staffing that exceed industry norms. That includes a full-time medical director as well as associate medical directors with expertise in neonatology, pediatric critical care, high-risk obstetrics, traumatology, cardiology, pulmonology, adult critical care, and emergency medicine. Life Flight Network also employs an in-house flight operations quality assurance manager and a full-time dedicated expert in safety and risk management.
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award