Prepare for take-off! Penzance Helicopters today (20th August 2019) reveal that advance bookings for the new 2020 Isles of Scilly helicopter service is now available online at www.penzancehelicopters.co.uk
The new operation takes off from 17th March 2020 and will be the only scheduled helicopter service for the Isles of Scilly, flying direct to both Tresco and St Mary’s from the new Penzance Heliport.
The sleek new travel operation offers the fastest and most convenient service from the mainland to the islands – taking just 15 minutes aboard a state-of-the-art, modern AW139 helicopter. The 15-seater helicopter will provide an accessible and reliable year-round service with up to 17 flights per day, six days a week.
The new service is to be provided by Sloane Helicopters – one of the UK’s leading onshore helicopter operators with 48 years’ experience – in partnership with Penzance Heliport Ltd and Tresco Estate. The near sea level heliport location, combined with the outstanding aircraft performance and safety characteristics, offers enhanced weather resilience and reliability, minimising disruption to passenger journeys.
The ticket launch marks a major step forward in the re-introduction of a helicopter service to the islands from Penzance, where a service operated successfully for 48 years until October 2012. Penzance Helicopters advise guests to book flights now to secure preferred slots before they sell out.
“The Penzance Helicopters service will be of great benefit to islanders and visitors to the Isles of Scilly, as well as bringing great benefits to the visitor economy of west Cornwall” says Jeremy Awenat, Managing Director of Sloane Helicopters.
Jeremy adds, “The level of public support for the new helicopter service from Penzance and the construction of a new Penzance Heliport has been overwhelming. We’re very much looking forward to providing this exciting new direct air link to improve connectivity to the Isles of Scilly.”
Passengers can now book flights direct to Tresco or St Mary’s using the new reservations website with standard flight prices starting from £122.50 one-way.
For more information or to book flights, visit the new website at www.penzancehelicopters.co.uk
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139
- Omni reaches over 100,000 hours flown in AW139 aircraft
- Era sets major AW139 operational milestone
- SPECTO Aerospace appointed helicopter Blade Repair Centre
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders
- Coptersafety appoints a new full-time flight instructor
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- Toll Helicopters and Seeing Machines have joined forces
- CHC Australia completes roll out of Leonardo AW139
- DART launches its new AW139 Skylight Window
- LCI Grows Australia-Based helicopter fleet
- Gulf Helicopters has selected SKYTRAC to Equip Fleet
- Babcock swaps aircraft between UK and Australia
- Babcock wins five year Australia contract with two AW139s