Prepare for take-off! Penzance Helicopters today (20th August 2019) reveal that advance bookings for the new 2020 Isles of Scilly helicopter service is now available online at www.penzancehelicopters.co.uk
The new operation takes off from 17th March 2020 and will be the only scheduled helicopter service for the Isles of Scilly, flying direct to both Tresco and St Mary’s from the new Penzance Heliport.
The sleek new travel operation offers the fastest and most convenient service from the mainland to the islands – taking just 15 minutes aboard a state-of-the-art, modern AW139 helicopter. The 15-seater helicopter will provide an accessible and reliable year-round service with up to 17 flights per day, six days a week.
The new service is to be provided by Sloane Helicopters – one of the UK’s leading onshore helicopter operators with 48 years’ experience – in partnership with Penzance Heliport Ltd and Tresco Estate. The near sea level heliport location, combined with the outstanding aircraft performance and safety characteristics, offers enhanced weather resilience and reliability, minimising disruption to passenger journeys.
The ticket launch marks a major step forward in the re-introduction of a helicopter service to the islands from Penzance, where a service operated successfully for 48 years until October 2012. Penzance Helicopters advise guests to book flights now to secure preferred slots before they sell out.
“The Penzance Helicopters service will be of great benefit to islanders and visitors to the Isles of Scilly, as well as bringing great benefits to the visitor economy of west Cornwall” says Jeremy Awenat, Managing Director of Sloane Helicopters.
Jeremy adds, “The level of public support for the new helicopter service from Penzance and the construction of a new Penzance Heliport has been overwhelming. We’re very much looking forward to providing this exciting new direct air link to improve connectivity to the Isles of Scilly.”
Passengers can now book flights direct to Tresco or St Mary’s using the new reservations website with standard flight prices starting from £122.50 one-way.
For more information or to book flights, visit the new website at www.penzancehelicopters.co.uk
- Leonardo presents AW139 enhanced capabilities
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Penzance Helicopters flights to restart 4th July, plus AW139 update
- FAA approves Coptersafety AW139 simulator
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- LCI Helicopters launches $100 Million co-investment vehicle
- RBI Hawker completes industry first with AW139 main rotor blade repair
- Omni starts another PGS contract with both S76 and AW139
- Caverton signs for AW139 simulator from Thales
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Honeywell and Leonardo upgrade AW139 with Synthetic Vision Navigation
- Omni Táxi Aéreo picks Skytrac for Real-Time HUMS and Satellite Push-to-Talk solutions
- Leonardo announces the purchase of an AW139 Level D FF)S by Suzuyo & Co of Japan.
- Milestone Announces Leases of 7 Helicopters with Héli-Union
- Heli-One Approved to Develop AW139 IGB TGB Capability
- FlightSafety to add new Level D sims for Airbus EC145 and Leonardo AW139
- Leonardo Philadelphia delivers 300th AW139
- US Air Force gives Leonardo MH-139 a name – the Grey Wolf
- MDFR Orders AW139