During the Labace event, which occurred from August 13th to 15th, Omni was awarded by Leonardo Helicopters, one of the world’s leading helicopter manufacturers, for the historic performance of the most distant flight ever made from the Brazilian coast. This flight was performed by a Leonardo Helicopters aircraft, model AW189 (using a belly tank), to serve a seismic vessel. The recorded distance was 245 nautical miles, about 453 km, the furthest flight taken by a Brazilian civil helicopter. The operation took place on May 22nd , 23rd and 24th, carrying 77 passengers in total.
The AW189 is considered a super medium class aircraft that can carry up to 16 passengers. For Roberto Coimbra, CEO of Omni Táxi Aéreo, receiving this award is a milestone for the company’s trajectory and confirms the AW189 as one of Omni’s solutions to leverage Oil & Gas’s passenger and cargo transportation operations in the pre-salt area.
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s