In the third stage of the 2019 Helicopter World Cup held in Belarus last week, the formidable Russian duo of Elena Prokofyeva and Diana Riiazova remained overall leaders in the General Class, despite having been knocked off the top spots during the actual competition. Last year’s winners, the equally impressive Russian Masters Class crew of Yury Yablokov and Konstantin Podoinitsyn, also kept hold of their top overall position.
The Belarus home crew performed well, with Alexander Tsenter and Vladimir Striyonock taking first place in the Fender General class and 2nd and 3rd places in the Slalom Masters class.
The contest took place in Vitebsk at the Kukovyachino airfield and the 19 crews from five countries (Belarus, Czech Republic, Poland, Russia, Ukraine) enjoyed warm hospitality and a friendly atmosphere for the competition. The full program of disciplines was completed in the R-44 and Mil-2 helicopters.
The 4th and final stage will be hosted by Poland between 20-22 September.
HWC STAGE 3 RESULTS
- 1Alexander Tsenter – Vladimir Striyonock (Belarus)
- 2Elena Prokofyeva – Diana Riiazova (Russia) – LADIES
- 3Andreyi Baraev – Vadim Sazonov (Russia)
- 1Yury Yablokov – Konstantin Podoinitsyn (Russia)
- 2Maxim Sotnikov – Puajukas Aleh (Russia)
- 3Sergei Tupikov – Aleksei Pintelin (Russia)
- 1Andreyi Baraev – Vadim Sazonov (Russia)
- 2Vladyslav Musiienko – Igor Sokolov (Ukraine)
- 3Irina Didenko – Svetlana Gumbatova (Russia) – LADIES
- 1Viсtor Degtyar – Petr Vasiliev (Russia)
- 2Uladzimir Buhayeu – Andrei Rogonov (Belarus)
- 3Mikita Laptseu – Vladzislau Kurs (Belarus)
After three stages (sum of two best results in both disciplines in stages 1-3)
GENERAL class: Elena Prokofyeva – Diana Riiazova (Russia)
MASTERS class: Yury Yablokov – Konstantin Podoinitsyn (Russia)
HELICOPTER WORLD CUP 2019 STAGES
- Wycombe Air Park (GBR) 13 to 15 June
- Konakovo airfield (RUS) 19 to 21 July
- Vitebsk (BLR) 9 to 11 August
- Lososina (POL) 20 to 22 September