Russian Helicopters Holding Company (part of Rostec State Corporation) has delivered three Ka-32A11BC multipurpose helicopters to Turkey. The aircraft will be used for firefighting.
They are equipped with various fire extinguishing systems, including the ability to carry an external water bucket as well as a horizontal firefighting system for knocking down fires in high rise buildings and within oil-and-gas industrial facilities.
The helicopter is EASA certified and meets FAR-29 and AP-29 standards.
The counter-rotating main rotors and absence of the tail rotor results in compactness and a high power-to-weight ratio. The Ka-32A11BC can carry up to 5 tons of cargo on the external sling.
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020