The FAA certified Robinson Helicopter’s Slimline Auxiliary Fuel Tank for its R66 Turbine helicopter. The tank holds 23.2 gallons (88 liters), roughly half the fuel of the company’s larger auxiliary fuel tank, adds approximately 1 hour to helicopter endurance, and extends its range by as much as 100 nautical miles (115 statute miles). It mounts on a fiberglass tray that installs in the aircraft’s baggage compartment, occupies one-third of the space, and leaves room for up to 200 lbs. of baggage. Both tank and tray can be removed when not in use.
The tank weighs 29 lbs. when empty and 189 lbs. when full of fuel. It includes a crash-resistant fuel bladder that fits in an aluminum and fiberglass enclosure with an internal fuel pump that transfers fuel to the helicopter’s main tank at approximately 40 gallons per hour. Controls are conveniently located in the upper instrument console and feature an ON/OFF switch, a NO FLOW annunciator light, and a FUEL QUANTITY button.
The Slimline Auxiliary Fuel Tank is available on all R66 helicopters ordered now through 31 December at a specially reduced price of $14,500.00 USD (half off MSRP).
Robinson Helicopter Company along with its international dealer network is proud to partner with government and private entities, increasing its global presence by providing high quality, reliable helicopters throughout the world.
- Q1 production analysis – Airbus rises while every other OEM falls
- Nigerian Navy receives AW139 helicopter
- Penn College aviation students receive industry scholarships
- EHang wins approval for autonomous air logistics operations
- Genesys flight testing their avionics suite on Black Hawks
- Pulselite® Bird Strike Prevention System STC Expanded to Include Bell 429 and Bell 505
- EBAA to provide members with live aviation security alerts from Osprey
- COVID-19 – AW139 supporting COVID-19 operations in Canada
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation