The FAA certified Robinson Helicopter’s Slimline Auxiliary Fuel Tank for its R66 Turbine helicopter. The tank holds 23.2 gallons (88 liters), roughly half the fuel of the company’s larger auxiliary fuel tank, adds approximately 1 hour to helicopter endurance, and extends its range by as much as 100 nautical miles (115 statute miles). It mounts on a fiberglass tray that installs in the aircraft’s baggage compartment, occupies one-third of the space, and leaves room for up to 200 lbs. of baggage. Both tank and tray can be removed when not in use.
The tank weighs 29 lbs. when empty and 189 lbs. when full of fuel. It includes a crash-resistant fuel bladder that fits in an aluminum and fiberglass enclosure with an internal fuel pump that transfers fuel to the helicopter’s main tank at approximately 40 gallons per hour. Controls are conveniently located in the upper instrument console and feature an ON/OFF switch, a NO FLOW annunciator light, and a FUEL QUANTITY button.
The Slimline Auxiliary Fuel Tank is available on all R66 helicopters ordered now through 31 December at a specially reduced price of $14,500.00 USD (half off MSRP).
Robinson Helicopter Company along with its international dealer network is proud to partner with government and private entities, increasing its global presence by providing high quality, reliable helicopters throughout the world.
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS