The FAA certified Robinson Helicopter’s Slimline Auxiliary Fuel Tank for its R66 Turbine helicopter. The tank holds 23.2 gallons (88 liters), roughly half the fuel of the company’s larger auxiliary fuel tank, adds approximately 1 hour to helicopter endurance, and extends its range by as much as 100 nautical miles (115 statute miles). It mounts on a fiberglass tray that installs in the aircraft’s baggage compartment, occupies one-third of the space, and leaves room for up to 200 lbs. of baggage. Both tank and tray can be removed when not in use.
The tank weighs 29 lbs. when empty and 189 lbs. when full of fuel. It includes a crash-resistant fuel bladder that fits in an aluminum and fiberglass enclosure with an internal fuel pump that transfers fuel to the helicopter’s main tank at approximately 40 gallons per hour. Controls are conveniently located in the upper instrument console and feature an ON/OFF switch, a NO FLOW annunciator light, and a FUEL QUANTITY button.
The Slimline Auxiliary Fuel Tank is available on all R66 helicopters ordered now through 31 December at a specially reduced price of $14,500.00 USD (half off MSRP).
Robinson Helicopter Company along with its international dealer network is proud to partner with government and private entities, increasing its global presence by providing high quality, reliable helicopters throughout the world.
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International