The FAA certified Robinson Helicopter’s Slimline Auxiliary Fuel Tank for its R66 Turbine helicopter. The tank holds 23.2 gallons (88 liters), roughly half the fuel of the company’s larger auxiliary fuel tank, adds approximately 1 hour to helicopter endurance, and extends its range by as much as 100 nautical miles (115 statute miles). It mounts on a fiberglass tray that installs in the aircraft’s baggage compartment, occupies one-third of the space, and leaves room for up to 200 lbs. of baggage. Both tank and tray can be removed when not in use.
The tank weighs 29 lbs. when empty and 189 lbs. when full of fuel. It includes a crash-resistant fuel bladder that fits in an aluminum and fiberglass enclosure with an internal fuel pump that transfers fuel to the helicopter’s main tank at approximately 40 gallons per hour. Controls are conveniently located in the upper instrument console and feature an ON/OFF switch, a NO FLOW annunciator light, and a FUEL QUANTITY button.
The Slimline Auxiliary Fuel Tank is available on all R66 helicopters ordered now through 31 December at a specially reduced price of $14,500.00 USD (half off MSRP).
Robinson Helicopter Company along with its international dealer network is proud to partner with government and private entities, increasing its global presence by providing high quality, reliable helicopters throughout the world.
- 16-Jan-21 517 Bell UH-1H Busdi, Philippines (7F)
- Australia – CASA appoints acting CEO
- Nigerian AF partners with Caverton Helicopters for maintenance
- Container Research Corp wins V-22 aux tank contract
- Naval Supply Systems Command addresses V-22 supply concern
- Australia to replace Tiger with AH-64E
- GAO reports on Washington DC area helicopter noise concerns
- HAI addresses pandemic worries about holding Heli-Expo 2021
- First flight for Airbus H160 for All Nippon Helicopter
- UK AAIB Bulletin – January 2021
- NTSB announces public board meeting on Kobe Bryant S76 accident
- General Electric Aviation awarded $101M contract for support of CH-53K
- Second Nigerian Air Force Mi-171E inducted
- RACQ CQ Rescue publishes 2020 mission stats
- LifeNet Partners with Columbus Community Hospital to Provide Air Medical Services
- US Army requests funding for Rescue Litter Stabilization System
- Bell Certifies New Helicopter Flight Data Monitoring Device
- Bristow appoints Area Manager in Brazil
- Updated Bucher EMS interior approved by EASA on H135
- The Loar Group Announces the Acquisition of Safe Flight Instrument Corporation