The FAA certified Robinson Helicopter’s Slimline Auxiliary Fuel Tank for its R66 Turbine helicopter. The tank holds 23.2 gallons (88 liters), roughly half the fuel of the company’s larger auxiliary fuel tank, adds approximately 1 hour to helicopter endurance, and extends its range by as much as 100 nautical miles (115 statute miles). It mounts on a fiberglass tray that installs in the aircraft’s baggage compartment, occupies one-third of the space, and leaves room for up to 200 lbs. of baggage. Both tank and tray can be removed when not in use.
The tank weighs 29 lbs. when empty and 189 lbs. when full of fuel. It includes a crash-resistant fuel bladder that fits in an aluminum and fiberglass enclosure with an internal fuel pump that transfers fuel to the helicopter’s main tank at approximately 40 gallons per hour. Controls are conveniently located in the upper instrument console and feature an ON/OFF switch, a NO FLOW annunciator light, and a FUEL QUANTITY button.
The Slimline Auxiliary Fuel Tank is available on all R66 helicopters ordered now through 31 December at a specially reduced price of $14,500.00 USD (half off MSRP).
Robinson Helicopter Company along with its international dealer network is proud to partner with government and private entities, increasing its global presence by providing high quality, reliable helicopters throughout the world.
- Summit receives acclaimed Hire Vets Award
- Blood and plasma preserves aboard Christoph 53
- Airbus expands its power line footprint
- Bell Delivers Canada’s First Bell 407GXi
- Precision Aviation Group is receives Top Supplier Award
- Russian Helicopters obtained an authorization for servicing Ansat engines
- Falcon Aviation Services’ AW169 fleet leader sets 2,000FH milestone
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight