The NHV Group today announced a new long-term contract to provide helicopter services for Petrofac. Initially, under the new four year agreement, four crew change flights per week will depart from NHV’s base in Aberdeen to the FPF1 floating production facility using H175 helicopters.
The state-of-the-art H175 aircraft, an Airbus Helicopter’s Super Medium type is specifically designed to meet evolving mission needs in the oil and gas industry. Being the launching operator for this aircraft type, NHV’s H175s have accumulated extensive experience in the United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Ghana and Denmark since 2014.
NHV started operating out of Aberdeen at the beginning of 2016 and announced the opening of a new hangar, apron and passenger handling facilities in October 2016.
NHV’s base manager Jamie John commented: “We are delighted that Petrofac has decided to partner with NHV for its North Sea Operations. 2019 has been a defining year for us at NHV Aberdeen. By adding the FPF1 to our portfolio, we further enhance our reputation in delivering safe and efficient helicopter services. The FPF1 passengers will benefit from our state of the art handling facility, whilst experiencing the comfort and safety features of the H175. We look forward to commencing operations at the start of September.”
“This award further builds on NHV’s success in the region and confirms our strategy,” said Steffen Bay, CEO of the NHV Group. “Our entire team is committed to providing continuous high-end performance and safety excellence. We look forward to thanking Petrofac for putting its trust in us to provide a genuine and reliable partnership.”
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s