During the International Aviation and Space Salon MAKS-2019, Mil Moscow Helicopter Plant of Russian Helicopters Holding Company (part of Rostec State Corporation) and UTair-Engineering signed a cooperation agreement to develop modified versions of Mi-8/17 helicopters and maintain airworthiness.
The agreement gives UTair-Engineering an opportunity to independently carry out all the work related to upgrading helicopters such as Mi-8T/P/PS, Mi-8MTV-1, Mi-8AMT, Mi-171, Mi-171A2 and Mi-172. UTair-Engineering is the first Russian company that does not form part of Russian Helicopters Holding Company, with which such an agreement is signed.
“It is important for us to polish the system for giving permissions for modifying machines by cooperating with one of Russia’s largest enterprises specializing in repair and maintenance of helicopters. Thus, in the future this will allow us to apply this procedure to other companies, due to which our engineers will be able to focus on substantially upgrading machines in serial production and designing new types of helicopters,” said Director General of Russian Helicopters Holding Company Andrey Boginsky.
“Signing this agreement is an important step for UTair-Engineering in its long-standing cooperation with Russian Helicopters. New functions will allow us to quickly modify helicopters to meet customers’ needs and increase competitiveness of Russian helicopters globally,” said UTair Engineering CEO Rashid Faradzhaev.
- PNG LNG adds H145 for Papua New Guinea operations
- EBAA to Send Young Leaders to One Young World Global Youth Summit
- UPMC Mercy Unveils New Rooftop Helipad
- Russian Helicopters delivers first Ansat to a client in Europe
- Asia Pacific Aerospace Extends its T700 MRO Provider Agreement with GE Aviation
- Spectrum Aeromed Brings On New VP of Operations
- Bell Boeing awarded $36M contract for V-22 parts
- Sikorsky awarded $16M contract for VH-3D/VH-60N updates
- Uttarakhand Government to add 8 destinations under Regional Connec
- NHC Northern Helicopter takes over offshore air rescue for the RWE Amrumbank wind farm
- Rush Health Systems now providing PHI Air Medical with blood products
- Georgia Border Police restore weekly Mi-8 flights to Tusheti
- WAI 2021 Conference Goes All-Virtual
- New President named at Sikorsky
- Russian Helicopters completed the transfer of Ka-52 within the framework of the 2020 State Defense Order
- SAAF helicopter squadrons top the Sword of Peace recipient list
- L-3 Technologies awarded $10M contract for procure six AN/SRQ-4 kits for the MH-60
- Papillon Grand Canyon Helicopters restarts West Rim Grand Canyon tours
- Air Methods Announces New Missouri ARCH Air Medical Base
- Garmin Pilot Adds Graphical Airspace and Obstacle NOTAMs