During the International Aviation and Space Salon MAKS-2019, Mil Moscow Helicopter Plant of Russian Helicopters Holding Company (part of Rostec State Corporation) and UTair-Engineering signed a cooperation agreement to develop modified versions of Mi-8/17 helicopters and maintain airworthiness.
The agreement gives UTair-Engineering an opportunity to independently carry out all the work related to upgrading helicopters such as Mi-8T/P/PS, Mi-8MTV-1, Mi-8AMT, Mi-171, Mi-171A2 and Mi-172. UTair-Engineering is the first Russian company that does not form part of Russian Helicopters Holding Company, with which such an agreement is signed.
“It is important for us to polish the system for giving permissions for modifying machines by cooperating with one of Russia’s largest enterprises specializing in repair and maintenance of helicopters. Thus, in the future this will allow us to apply this procedure to other companies, due to which our engineers will be able to focus on substantially upgrading machines in serial production and designing new types of helicopters,” said Director General of Russian Helicopters Holding Company Andrey Boginsky.
“Signing this agreement is an important step for UTair-Engineering in its long-standing cooperation with Russian Helicopters. New functions will allow us to quickly modify helicopters to meet customers’ needs and increase competitiveness of Russian helicopters globally,” said UTair Engineering CEO Rashid Faradzhaev.
- US Marine Corps use 3D printing for new MH-60S comms system
- First ACH145 helicopter delivered to Russia
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Rostec starts assembling parts for the first Russian offshore Mi-171A3
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020
- Airbus Helicopters and HTM-Helicopters sign contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance CEO shortlisted for national award
- LCI and Sumitomo to establish JV helicopter leasing business
- COVID-19 forces Maverick Helicopters to lay off 75
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Records 50,000 Global Fleet Flight Hours
- Air BP delivers 210 tonnes of sustainable aviation fuel to Stockholm Arlanda Airport
- Virtual AMTC Announces Keynote Speakers
- Specialized Navy Sailors Deployed with Marine Squadron ahead of V-22 Transition
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- Wyoming Army National Guard activated to assist with California wildfires
- Bristow names new CFO
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance receives COVID19 cash from Government
- Christoph 43 completes 570 missions in first half of 2020