During the International Aviation and Space Salon MAKS-2019, Mil Moscow Helicopter Plant of Russian Helicopters Holding Company (part of Rostec State Corporation) and UTair-Engineering signed a cooperation agreement to develop modified versions of Mi-8/17 helicopters and maintain airworthiness.
The agreement gives UTair-Engineering an opportunity to independently carry out all the work related to upgrading helicopters such as Mi-8T/P/PS, Mi-8MTV-1, Mi-8AMT, Mi-171, Mi-171A2 and Mi-172. UTair-Engineering is the first Russian company that does not form part of Russian Helicopters Holding Company, with which such an agreement is signed.
“It is important for us to polish the system for giving permissions for modifying machines by cooperating with one of Russia’s largest enterprises specializing in repair and maintenance of helicopters. Thus, in the future this will allow us to apply this procedure to other companies, due to which our engineers will be able to focus on substantially upgrading machines in serial production and designing new types of helicopters,” said Director General of Russian Helicopters Holding Company Andrey Boginsky.
“Signing this agreement is an important step for UTair-Engineering in its long-standing cooperation with Russian Helicopters. New functions will allow us to quickly modify helicopters to meet customers’ needs and increase competitiveness of Russian helicopters globally,” said UTair Engineering CEO Rashid Faradzhaev.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot