During the International Aviation and Space Salon MAKS-2019, VR-Technologies — innovation design office of the Russian Helicopters Holding Company (part of Rostec State Corporation) — signed dealership agreements on promotion and sales of the light multipurpose helicopter VRT500 with a Malaysian company Ludev Aviation. It is planned to start the supplies in 2023.
The Malaysian company Ludev Aviation intends to purchase five helicopters. Optional equipment and details of interior and a livery color scheme of VRT500 will be determined after the helicopter is issued a type certificate and an airworthiness certificate in accordance with the standards of the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) . In early 2019 the technical project of the VRT500 program was successfully completed, and development of design documents started. Tests of the first prototype will start in 2020.
“Europe and Asia are priority potential markets for the VRT500 helicopter. With its performance, the helicopter competes with rotorcraft of the same class used in these regions,” says VR-Technologies Director General Alexander Okhonko.
VRT500 is a light single-engine helicopter with coaxial rotors. Its takeoff weight is 1,650 kg. The aircraft has the largest passenger and cargo cabin in its class, which can accommodate up to five passengers and is equipped with a modern interactive avionics complex. The design solutions of the helicopter will allow it to reach the speed of up to 250 kph, fly up to 860 km and carry up to 730 kg of payload. The helicopter is designed in passenger, multipurpose, cargo, training, VIP and HEMS configurations.
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock
- HAI appoints VP of Marketing Communications
- MD Helicopters aims to overturn $7.6M Dutch Police judgement
- COVID19 – Christoph München in action with EpiShuttle