During the International Aviation and Space Salon MAKS-2019, VR-Technologies — innovation design office of the Russian Helicopters Holding Company (part of Rostec State Corporation) — signed dealership agreements on promotion and sales of the light multipurpose helicopter VRT500 with a Malaysian company Ludev Aviation. It is planned to start the supplies in 2023.
The Malaysian company Ludev Aviation intends to purchase five helicopters. Optional equipment and details of interior and a livery color scheme of VRT500 will be determined after the helicopter is issued a type certificate and an airworthiness certificate in accordance with the standards of the European Union Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) . In early 2019 the technical project of the VRT500 program was successfully completed, and development of design documents started. Tests of the first prototype will start in 2020.
“Europe and Asia are priority potential markets for the VRT500 helicopter. With its performance, the helicopter competes with rotorcraft of the same class used in these regions,” says VR-Technologies Director General Alexander Okhonko.
VRT500 is a light single-engine helicopter with coaxial rotors. Its takeoff weight is 1,650 kg. The aircraft has the largest passenger and cargo cabin in its class, which can accommodate up to five passengers and is equipped with a modern interactive avionics complex. The design solutions of the helicopter will allow it to reach the speed of up to 250 kph, fly up to 860 km and carry up to 730 kg of payload. The helicopter is designed in passenger, multipurpose, cargo, training, VIP and HEMS configurations.
- HSC-22 Receives First MQ-8C Firescout
- Neptune Energy extends contract with CHC Helicopters
- Baden-Württemberg police take on new fire-fighting role
- Bell Presents the Turkish Director General of Forestry with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Bell Presents the Turkish National Police with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to feature in new TV series
- STARS to take over Lifeflight in Manitoba
- Volocopter offers reservations for commercial flights
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505