Astronautics Corporation of America’s AFI4700 RoadRunner Electronic Flight Instrument (EFI) received a supplemental type certificate (STC) for A109/119 helicopters from Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil (ANAC), Brazil’s civil aviation authority.
“STC approval from the National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil allows A109/119 operators in Brazil to realize the cost, ease, and safety benefits of Astronautics’ RoadRunner when upgrading to modern electronic flight instrument systems on their helicopter fleets,” said President of Astronautics Chad Cundiff.
The RoadRunner EFI is an easy and cost-effective drop-in replacement for the existing A109/119 helicopters and is the fastest way to upgrade from existing attitude director and horizontal situational indicator functionality to a modern electronic flight instrument system, enabling enhanced safety features.
The EFI provides operators readability in all lighting conditions, enablement of modern navigation and approach capability, reduced operating and maintenance costs, and minimal downtime for installation. The unit is easily upgradeable with new software functionality tailorable to customer needs and mission requirements.
RoadRunner EFI received Federal Aviation STC for these platforms on June 12 and European Aviation Safety Agency STC on July 19.
Astronautics’ authorized dealer network sells and services the RoadRunner EFI.
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification