Astronautics Corporation of America’s AFI4700 RoadRunner Electronic Flight Instrument (EFI) received a supplemental type certificate (STC) for A109/119 helicopters from Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil (ANAC), Brazil’s civil aviation authority.
“STC approval from the National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil allows A109/119 operators in Brazil to realize the cost, ease, and safety benefits of Astronautics’ RoadRunner when upgrading to modern electronic flight instrument systems on their helicopter fleets,” said President of Astronautics Chad Cundiff.
The RoadRunner EFI is an easy and cost-effective drop-in replacement for the existing A109/119 helicopters and is the fastest way to upgrade from existing attitude director and horizontal situational indicator functionality to a modern electronic flight instrument system, enabling enhanced safety features.
The EFI provides operators readability in all lighting conditions, enablement of modern navigation and approach capability, reduced operating and maintenance costs, and minimal downtime for installation. The unit is easily upgradeable with new software functionality tailorable to customer needs and mission requirements.
RoadRunner EFI received Federal Aviation STC for these platforms on June 12 and European Aviation Safety Agency STC on July 19.
Astronautics’ authorized dealer network sells and services the RoadRunner EFI.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award