Astronautics Corporation of America’s AFI4700 RoadRunner Electronic Flight Instrument (EFI) received a supplemental type certificate (STC) for A109/119 helicopters from Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil (ANAC), Brazil’s civil aviation authority.
“STC approval from the National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil allows A109/119 operators in Brazil to realize the cost, ease, and safety benefits of Astronautics’ RoadRunner when upgrading to modern electronic flight instrument systems on their helicopter fleets,” said President of Astronautics Chad Cundiff.
The RoadRunner EFI is an easy and cost-effective drop-in replacement for the existing A109/119 helicopters and is the fastest way to upgrade from existing attitude director and horizontal situational indicator functionality to a modern electronic flight instrument system, enabling enhanced safety features.
The EFI provides operators readability in all lighting conditions, enablement of modern navigation and approach capability, reduced operating and maintenance costs, and minimal downtime for installation. The unit is easily upgradeable with new software functionality tailorable to customer needs and mission requirements.
RoadRunner EFI received Federal Aviation STC for these platforms on June 12 and European Aviation Safety Agency STC on July 19.
Astronautics’ authorized dealer network sells and services the RoadRunner EFI.
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform