Astronautics Corporation of America’s AFI4700 RoadRunner Electronic Flight Instrument (EFI) received a supplemental type certificate (STC) for A109/119 helicopters from Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil (ANAC), Brazil’s civil aviation authority.
“STC approval from the National Civil Aviation Agency of Brazil allows A109/119 operators in Brazil to realize the cost, ease, and safety benefits of Astronautics’ RoadRunner when upgrading to modern electronic flight instrument systems on their helicopter fleets,” said President of Astronautics Chad Cundiff.
The RoadRunner EFI is an easy and cost-effective drop-in replacement for the existing A109/119 helicopters and is the fastest way to upgrade from existing attitude director and horizontal situational indicator functionality to a modern electronic flight instrument system, enabling enhanced safety features.
The EFI provides operators readability in all lighting conditions, enablement of modern navigation and approach capability, reduced operating and maintenance costs, and minimal downtime for installation. The unit is easily upgradeable with new software functionality tailorable to customer needs and mission requirements.
RoadRunner EFI received Federal Aviation STC for these platforms on June 12 and European Aviation Safety Agency STC on July 19.
Astronautics’ authorized dealer network sells and services the RoadRunner EFI.
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS