At the 16th International Aviation and Space Salon MAKS-2019, Liebherr-Aerospace announced the signing of an agreement with the subsidiary of the Russian Helicopters holding, BP-Technology, on the supply of air conditioning systems for the new civilian helicopter VRT-500.
“The VRT-500 helicopter will be equipped with Liebherr air conditioning system,” BP Technology representatives said
The agreement on the supply of air conditioning systems for the light single-engine multi-purpose helicopter VRT-500 also includes the supply of a cooling system. BP-Technology Company assumes that the new VRT-500 helicopter will be widely used both for private flights, tourist trips, logistics support, transportation of media representatives, as well as for urgent operations of rescue and ambulance services.
The forecast for upcoming shipments for the VRT-500 looks impressive. This helicopter model was first demonstrated in 2018. Representatives of Liebherr-Aerospace are proud to share the news about the upcoming cooperation with BP-Technology, which develops helicopters in accordance with the latest market requirements. “We are very pleased to have signed a contract with BP-Technology. Our reputation in the helicopter market has been strengthened by the regular supply of various systems to our customers. We are honored to replenish the portfolio with cooperation with a company such as BP Technologies, ”said Nicolas Bonlоля, Managing Commercial Director of Liebherr-Aerospace & Transportation SAS.
Alexander Okhonko, CEO of BP-Technology (left) and Nicolas Bonleux, Managing Commercial Director of Liebherr-Aerospace & Transportation SAS, shook hands after signing the agreement for MAKS 2019.
“We are pleased to announce that Liebherr-Aerospace will be one of the suppliers for this project. Their innovative designs, reputation and customer-oriented approach were decisive factors in attracting the company to the VRT-500 program. This is a new stage for us, and we are pleased to work with such an industry leader as Liebherr-Aerospace. We strive to develop in a new direction, expanding our customer network. Reliable and respected suppliers are of paramount importance to us, ”said Alexander Okhonko, General Director of BP-Technology.
The VRT-500 is a multi-purpose light single-engine helicopter for 5 passengers. The company expects great success of VRT-500 in Europe, and also assumes its further certification according to the EASA standard. This helicopter can be a universal solution for many industries thanks to such characteristics as a speed of 225 km / h and a maximum flight range of 860 km.
Major supplier of systems for the aviation industry
Liebherr-Aerospace & Transportation SAS in Toulouse (France) is one of the eleven departments of the Liebherr group of companies. He coordinates all work in the field of aviation development and transport systems.
Liebherr-Aerospace is a leading provider of systems for the aviation industry and draws on more than fifty years of experience in this field. The Liebherr range of civilian and military aviation products includes flight control systems, gearboxes, landing gear and air conditioning, as well as electronics. These systems are used in wide-body aircraft, narrow-body and regional aircraft, business jets, combat aircraft, military transport aircraft, training aircraft, as well as in civilian and military helicopters.
The Liebherr Aviation and Transportation Systems Division employs more than 5,800 people. Aircraft equipment is manufactured at four enterprises in Lindenberg (Germany), Toulouse (France), Guaratinget (Brazil) and Nizhny Novgorod (Russia). These production sites provide the necessary systems for customers around the world. Additional customer service centers are located in Salina (Michigan / USA), Seattle (Washington / USA), Montreal (Canada), Hamburg (Germany), Moscow (Russia), Dubai (UAE), Bangalore (India), Singapore and Shanghai (China People’s Republic).
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock