CHC Group, one of the world’s leading helicopter services and maintenance, repair and overhaul providers, announced two key executive appointments.
David Balevic has been named President and Chief Executive Officer and was appointed as a member of the Board of Managers. Balevic assumed the role of interim CEO following Karl Fessenden’s resignation to accept an outside position in July 2019.
Imran Hayat was appointed Executive Vice President, General Counsel and Chief Strategy Officer, and will be second in command at CHC. In his expanded role, Hayat will lead the development of CHC’s corporate strategy and focus on increasing shareholder value. He will also be responsible globally for all aspects of Legal, including Compliance, Risk and Insurance, as well as Fleet Strategy, Human Resources and Communications.
John Gremp, Chairman of CHC Board of Managers said, “Dave and Imran have a keen understanding of our customers, operations, suppliers and the industry dynamics. They are clearly the right leaders to guide CHC forward in this new era.” Mr. Gremp also said, “Because the Board places a strong emphasis on succession planning, both Dave and Imran were well-prepared to step into these critical leadership roles. The Board of Managers is confident they will enable us to accelerate the company’s transformation and drive a profitable, sustainable business model.”
Balevic joined CHC as Senior Vice President, Engineering & Operations in May 2015, bringing 26 years of progressive engineering and leadership experience at General Electric. During his time at GE, he held roles in aviation, power generation and oil & gas. Balevic holds a Master’s Degree in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Cincinnati and a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from Clarkson University.
Hayat joined CHC in July 2015 and was appointed General Counsel and Chief Administrative Officer in February 2018. Hayat has more than 17 years of experience counselling some of the world’s largest companies, litigation and complex international legal matters and transactions. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics and Diplomacy and World Affairs from Occidental College, and a Juris Doctorate (J.D.) from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law.
- JETNET Launching JETNET for Salesforce product at NBAA-BACE
- LO Helicopter Committee Enthusiastic about Bell 525
- EHang Achieves World’s First Certificate of Unmanned Aircraft System Safety for AAVs
- Schiebel completes successful flight trials
- Candian 2019 Paramedic of the Year title won by STARS crew member
- 21 stakeholders sign Single European Sky agreement
- Scotland’s Charity Air Ambulance to add second base at Aberdeen
- Elbit Systems completes acquisition of Harris Night Vision Business
- MDHI Awarded CLS and training contract
- Sheffield Children’s Hospital Helipad receives £562,500 boos
- FlightSafety now offers safety and security training for corporate crews and passengers
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance missions up 62% year-on-year
- Airbus Foundation supports Bolivian efforts to fight fires in Amazon
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS