Helicopter Association International (HAI) is pleased to announce that U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) Secretary Elaine Chao recently appointed HAI President and CEO Matthew Zuccaro to the Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee (SOCAC) for a period of two years.
According to the DOT, the SOCAC “was created by the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) Reauthorization Act of 2018. The committee will provide advice to the Secretary of Transportation regarding issues facing the aviation community related to FAA safety oversight and certification programs. These include aircraft and flight standards certification processes, oversight of safety management systems, risk-based oversight efforts, and utilization of delegation and designation authorities.”
The SOCAC includes 22 representatives from across the aviation industry. Zuccaro’s term on the committee began on August 21, 2019.
“I look forward to participating in and contributing to this important advisory committee,” says Zuccaro. “I believe it will be an effective tool for our nation, ensuring a cooperative relationship between industry and regulators as we all work to address aircraft safety and certification concerns.”
With more than 50 years of aviation experience, Zuccaro has led HAI since November 2005. He served as a Army helicopter pilot with the 7/17 Air Calvary unit in Vietnam and went on to be a flight and classroom instructor at the Army Flight School at Fort Rucker, Alabama.
Zuccaro holds ATP and CFII ratings for helicopters and airplanes. He has held several executive level and operations management positions, with commercial, corporate, air tour, scheduled airline, and public service helicopter operations in the northeastern United States. During his tenure with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, he served in operations management positions at Kennedy International Airport and the Port Authority’s public and private heliports. He is a past president of the Eastern Region Helicopter Council and a former chairman of HAI.
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades
- HeliSpeed signs SAR support agreement with British International