Helicopter Association International (HAI) is pleased to announce that U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) Secretary Elaine Chao recently appointed HAI President and CEO Matthew Zuccaro to the Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee (SOCAC) for a period of two years.
According to the DOT, the SOCAC “was created by the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) Reauthorization Act of 2018. The committee will provide advice to the Secretary of Transportation regarding issues facing the aviation community related to FAA safety oversight and certification programs. These include aircraft and flight standards certification processes, oversight of safety management systems, risk-based oversight efforts, and utilization of delegation and designation authorities.”
The SOCAC includes 22 representatives from across the aviation industry. Zuccaro’s term on the committee began on August 21, 2019.
“I look forward to participating in and contributing to this important advisory committee,” says Zuccaro. “I believe it will be an effective tool for our nation, ensuring a cooperative relationship between industry and regulators as we all work to address aircraft safety and certification concerns.”
With more than 50 years of aviation experience, Zuccaro has led HAI since November 2005. He served as a Army helicopter pilot with the 7/17 Air Calvary unit in Vietnam and went on to be a flight and classroom instructor at the Army Flight School at Fort Rucker, Alabama.
Zuccaro holds ATP and CFII ratings for helicopters and airplanes. He has held several executive level and operations management positions, with commercial, corporate, air tour, scheduled airline, and public service helicopter operations in the northeastern United States. During his tenure with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, he served in operations management positions at Kennedy International Airport and the Port Authority’s public and private heliports. He is a past president of the Eastern Region Helicopter Council and a former chairman of HAI.
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO