Kaman Aerospace, a division of Kaman Corporation (NYSE:KAMN), announced today that it received a new order for the K-MAX® medium-to-heavy lift helicopter, bringing the total number of firm orders since the relaunch of production to twelve aircraft. The most recent order is from Rotex Helicopter AG, of Balzers Liechtenstein, which currently operates multiple K-MAX® aircraft focused on aerial construction and logging. Delivery of this aircraft is expected in the fourth quarter of 2019.
“Rotex Helicopter AG has been a K-MAX® operator for over 22 years and has flown over 45,000 flight hours. A new production K-MAX® will add to our proven aerial lift operations, while providing our customers with a highly reliable low cost solution”, stated Urs Riebli, Owner of Rotex Helicopter AG.
“We are thrilled that Rotex has selected a new K-MAX® to add to their fleet and we look forward to continuing our relationship with a long-term customer who values the unique capabilities of the aircraft. The reputation of the K-MAX® as a highly versatile and capable aircraft is translating into the increased level of interest we are seeing from operators around the globe. The order book for K-MAX® is filling in nicely and we look forward to increasing sales for many years to come”, stated Darlene Smith, VP & GM, Kaman Air Vehicles Division.
Development of the K-MAX® was led by Kaman founder and former CEO, aviation pioneer Charlie H. Kaman, and received Federal Aviation Administration certification in 1994. The K-MAX® is a rugged low-maintenance aircraft that features a counter-rotating rotor system and is optimized for external load operations and designed specifically for vertical reference flight. The aircraft can lift up to 6,000 pounds (2,722 kg).
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO