Kaman Aerospace, a division of Kaman Corporation (NYSE:KAMN), announced today that it received a new order for the K-MAX® medium-to-heavy lift helicopter, bringing the total number of firm orders since the relaunch of production to twelve aircraft. The most recent order is from Rotex Helicopter AG, of Balzers Liechtenstein, which currently operates multiple K-MAX® aircraft focused on aerial construction and logging. Delivery of this aircraft is expected in the fourth quarter of 2019.
“Rotex Helicopter AG has been a K-MAX® operator for over 22 years and has flown over 45,000 flight hours. A new production K-MAX® will add to our proven aerial lift operations, while providing our customers with a highly reliable low cost solution”, stated Urs Riebli, Owner of Rotex Helicopter AG.
“We are thrilled that Rotex has selected a new K-MAX® to add to their fleet and we look forward to continuing our relationship with a long-term customer who values the unique capabilities of the aircraft. The reputation of the K-MAX® as a highly versatile and capable aircraft is translating into the increased level of interest we are seeing from operators around the globe. The order book for K-MAX® is filling in nicely and we look forward to increasing sales for many years to come”, stated Darlene Smith, VP & GM, Kaman Air Vehicles Division.
Development of the K-MAX® was led by Kaman founder and former CEO, aviation pioneer Charlie H. Kaman, and received Federal Aviation Administration certification in 1994. The K-MAX® is a rugged low-maintenance aircraft that features a counter-rotating rotor system and is optimized for external load operations and designed specifically for vertical reference flight. The aircraft can lift up to 6,000 pounds (2,722 kg).
- Global AirParts announces S-76 part out from LCI
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program
- MissionGO Completes Longest Organ Delivery Flight via UAS
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet