AeroVironment, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVAV), a global leader in unmanned aircraft systems for both defense and commercial applications, today announced the availability of its VAPOR all-electric Helicopter UAS at Defence & Security Equipment International (DSEI), the world’s largest land, sea and air defense and security exhibition. Developed at AeroVironment Innovation Center-Midwest, VAPOR incorporates more than a decade of aerospace engineering, technical research and development to bring to market high-performance helicopter UAS at attractive price points for defense, commercial and industrial customers.
“The addition of VAPOR to our family of small unmanned aircraft systems demonstrates our commitment to providing customers with the most comprehensive capabilities to help them proceed with certainty in an ever changing operating environment,” said Rick Pedigo, vice president, sales and business development for AeroVironment. “VAPOR fully complements AeroVironment’s family of fixed-wing UAS with VTOL and flexible payload capabilities that can satisfy new customer missions across multiple domains.”
VAPOR – Intelligently Designed To Perform
Combining military-grade components, advanced flight control, and broad payload flexibility, VAPOR is purpose-built for mission critical performance. Fully automatic flight operation allows VAPOR to complete missions without operator intervention, with dynamic re-tasking to ensure safety, reliability and adaptable mission execution. With an expansive modular payload bay, and up to 10 lbs. (4.5 kg) of usable payload capacity, VAPOR is multi-mission capable with access to a variety of integrated sensors and third-party payloads including gimbaled EO/IR, survey grade PPK mapping, LiDAR and hyperspectral sensors, and an available Drop/Delivery Mechanism. Every VAPOR is powered by proprietary HeliSynth™ technology for system level optimization including advanced autopilot, payload command and control, and endurance.
Multiple VAPOR all-electric Helicopter UAS options are now available, enabling customers to choose the right configuration based on mission requirements, with the flexibility to create custom configurations that incorporate end-user provided equipment.
VAPOR 35 (GTOW 32 lbs., 14.5 kg) – With an advanced autopilot and a variety of available sensors, VAPOR 35 provides the flexibility to meet the most demanding missions. Aerodynamic 3-blade rotor design and high energy lithium-polymer batteries deliver up to one hour of flight time, all in a single case mission configuration with economical one-man lift packout.
VAPOR 55 (GTOW 55 lbs., 24.9 kg) – The versatile, powerful and easily configurable VAPOR 55 is designed to satisfy complex operational requirements. Heavy lift capable with up to 10 lbs. (4.5 kg) of usable payload weight (belly, side or slung), VAPOR 55 is single or multiple payload capable with access to a variety of integrated sensors, Drop/Delivery mechanism and third-party payload options.
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support
- Eemshaven Heliport receives first flight
- MINT Turbines Names New General Manager
- Norwegian Government commits to rescue helicopter base at Tromso by 2022
- CIA Museum adds Mil MI-17 helicopter
- New hangar for Tuscaloosa Police
- REACH 6 celebrates 15 years of service
- UK to advise Kazakhstan on aviation regulation
- SEI Industries is a Finalist for the 2019 BC Export Awards
- UAVOS Unmanned Helicopter Robinson for Precision Farming
- CHI St. Joseph Health and PHI upgrade aircraft
- Tender issued for German wind farm rescue helicopter
- Queenstown helicopter company liquidated