The Airbus Foundation, in collaboration with the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs’ Crisis and Support Centre is supporting Bolivia’s efforts against the severe fires currently affecting the country.
An Airbus A330neo test aircraft transported 38 firefighters of the French Civil Security and equipment from Vatry, France, to Bolivia. They will participate in fighting the fires which have already ravaged more than two million hectares of the Bolivian Amazon.
In cooperation with HeliAmerica, a Bolivian helicopter operator based in St. Cruz department, the Airbus Foundation has offered 45 helicopter flight hours to assess the affected areas. The aircraft have also been used to actively fight the fires with the help of the “bamby bucket” equipment, which can drop up to 800 litres of water per trip.
During the 3, 4 and 5 September two single engine H125s operated in the area of Concepción, in the Eastern part of the country, dropping more than 500 tonnes of water. The operation has contributed to limit the fires and to prevent them from getting into the communities in the area. Some additional flight hours will be confirmed in the next days.
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories