The Airbus Foundation, in collaboration with the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs’ Crisis and Support Centre is supporting Bolivia’s efforts against the severe fires currently affecting the country.
An Airbus A330neo test aircraft transported 38 firefighters of the French Civil Security and equipment from Vatry, France, to Bolivia. They will participate in fighting the fires which have already ravaged more than two million hectares of the Bolivian Amazon.
In cooperation with HeliAmerica, a Bolivian helicopter operator based in St. Cruz department, the Airbus Foundation has offered 45 helicopter flight hours to assess the affected areas. The aircraft have also been used to actively fight the fires with the help of the “bamby bucket” equipment, which can drop up to 800 litres of water per trip.
During the 3, 4 and 5 September two single engine H125s operated in the area of Concepción, in the Eastern part of the country, dropping more than 500 tonnes of water. The operation has contributed to limit the fires and to prevent them from getting into the communities in the area. Some additional flight hours will be confirmed in the next days.
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support
- Eemshaven Heliport receives first flight
- MINT Turbines Names New General Manager
- Norwegian Government commits to rescue helicopter base at Tromso by 2022
- CIA Museum adds Mil MI-17 helicopter
- New hangar for Tuscaloosa Police
- REACH 6 celebrates 15 years of service
- UK to advise Kazakhstan on aviation regulation
- SEI Industries is a Finalist for the 2019 BC Export Awards
- UAVOS Unmanned Helicopter Robinson for Precision Farming
- CHI St. Joseph Health and PHI upgrade aircraft
- Tender issued for German wind farm rescue helicopter
- Queenstown helicopter company liquidated