FlightSafety International now offers safety and security training for flight crews and passengers of corporate aircraft. This new Abduction Prevention course is offered by the Skydas Group in cooperation with FlightSafety. Skydas is a wide spectrum strategic security consulting and threat management firm.
“This two day Abduction Prevention course is designed for corporate aircraft passengers, pilots, flight attendants, and maintenance technicians. It will help them to develop the core skill sets needed to prevent or avoid being targeted by hostiles while travelling at home or abroad,” said Steve Gross, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing.
The 15 course modules provide a comprehensive step-by-step guide to attack prevention. They include Extremist and Criminal Methodology, Travel Pre-planning and Checklists, The Attack Cycle, Surveillance Detection Skills, Personal Defense, Information Security, Surveillance Detection Routes, Surveillance Point Recognition, Security Checkpoints Abroad, Airport Security, Hotel Safety, Home and Family Security, and more.
The course ends with a field exercise in which participants will attempt to thwart a simulated kidnapping or assault. This includes learning to discover technical surveillance devices, how to lose a mobile surveillance team, and avoid static surveillance points.
FlightSafety International is the world’s premier professional aviation training company and supplier of flight simulators, visual systems and displays to commercial, government and military organizations. Over 2,000 highly qualified instructors provide more than 1.4 million hours of training each year to pilots, technicians and other aviation professionals from 167 countries and independent territories.
FlightSafety operates the world’s largest fleet of advanced full-flight simulators at Learning Centers and training locations in the United States, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Hong Kong, India, Japan, the Netherlands, Norway, South Africa and the United Kingdom.
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories