Devon Air Ambulance employs several former Armed Forces personnel. This isn’t only most of our pilots, but also veterans across roles such as facilities, retail, logistics and critical care paramedics. The service also employs reservists.
The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise by the nation to ensure that those who serve or who have served in the Armed Forces, and their families, are treated fairly.
Devon Air Ambulance has recently been awarded with an Employer Recognition Scheme Silver Award by the Armed Forces Covenant.
Helena Holt, Devon Air Ambulance Chief Executive says:
‘We are very lucky to have some fantastic serving and former Forces personnel and reservists on our team who bring a wealth of diverse skills and experience. Recognising how important their contribution is it was obvious we should sign up to the Armed Forces Covenant. To be awarded the Silver Employer Recognition Scheme Award is an honour and we will continue to do our best to support our incredible people.’
What it means to be an Armed Forces-friendly employer?
The Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) acknowledges employers that have provided exceptional support to the armed forces community and defence by going above and beyond their covenant pledges.
Through a 3-tier approach of bronze, silver and gold awards, the scheme recognises the different levels of commitment provided by employers. This allows the Ministry of Defence to publicly thank and honour those organisation for their support.
The Armed Forces Covenant is a pledge that acknowledges and understands that those who serve or who have served in the armed forces, and their families, should be treated with fairness and respect in the communities, economy and society they serve. Devon Air Ambulance is proud to have been this year been awarded a Silver Covenant.
Silver Award Status
The covenant is fulfilled by central and local government, businesses of all sizes, communities and charities as well as other sectors, so as a charity and a Forces-friendly employer, Devon Air Ambulance pledges to support our armed forces.
Commenting on the announcement of the 2019 Employer Recognition Scheme Silver awards, Defence Secretary, Ben Wallace said:
‘These awards recognise the outstanding support for our armed forces from employers across Britain and I would like to thank and congratulate each and every one.
‘Regardless of size, location or sector, employing ex-forces personnel is good for business and this year we have doubled the number of awards in recognition of the fantastic support they give.’
Minister for Defence People and Veterans Johnny Mercer said:
‘Veterans make a huge contribution to businesses across the country and it’s fantastic to see a record-breaking number of organisations recognised for their support.
‘We’re working closely with businesses to help them further understand the huge value that veterans, reservists and military spouses can bring to their organisation.’
- Specialized Navy Sailors Deployed with Marine Squadron ahead of V-22 Transition
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- Wyoming Army National Guard activated to assist with California wildfires
- Bristow names new CFO
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance receives COVID19 cash from Government
- Christoph 43 completes 570 missions in first half of 2020
- New head of police air unit for Brazilian state of Ceara
- ARNG Helicopter modernization project
- Whirly-Girls Announce New Instrument Rating Scholarship for Female Aviators for 2021
- SAFE awarded USAF contract for CH-53 maintenance platforms
- Austria orders the AW169M
- HSC-22 Receives First MQ-8C Firescout
- Neptune Energy extends contract with CHC Helicopters
- Baden-Württemberg police take on new fire-fighting role
- Bell Presents the Turkish Director General of Forestry with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Bell Presents the Turkish National Police with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to feature in new TV series
- STARS to take over Lifeflight in Manitoba
- Volocopter offers reservations for commercial flights