Robinson Helicopter Company announced the R66 Turbine fleet surpassed 1,000,000 flight hours. The R66 with the Rolls-Royce RR300 turbine engine achieved the million-hour mark without a single reported in-flight engine failure. This accomplishment demonstrates a level of reliability that exceeds EASA’s stringent requirements for single-engine helicopters performing commercial operations.
“We believe this milestone is a testament to the R66’s outstanding performance and confirms its place as a leader in the helicopter industry,” said Kurt Robinson, President of Robinson Helicopter.
Certified in October 2010, the first production R66 was delivered the following month. Since then, over 960 R66s have been produced, providing dependable performance to operators all over the world. Not only has the R66 proven itself on a daily basis but it has also risen to the unique challenges of flying to the North Pole and circumnavigating the globe multiple times.
When asked about the R66, Robinson dealer Les Gillespie of Gardner Aviation (Peachtree City, Georgia) said, “The R66 has quickly become our dealership’s number one selling helicopter. Our customers compliment its power, space, and stylish looks. With all the available options like SAS Autopilot, extended range fuel tanks, and glass touchscreen panels, the R66 can be configured to meet the needs of any pilot or helicopter flight department.”
Robinson Helicopter Company, along with its international dealer network, is expanding its global presence by providing high quality, reliable helicopters throughout the world.
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms
- New USHST Report Lays Down a Path for Automatic Flight Control Systems in Light Helicopters
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024