Robinson Helicopter Company announced the R66 Turbine fleet surpassed 1,000,000 flight hours. The R66 with the Rolls-Royce RR300 turbine engine achieved the million-hour mark without a single reported in-flight engine failure. This accomplishment demonstrates a level of reliability that exceeds EASA’s stringent requirements for single-engine helicopters performing commercial operations.
“We believe this milestone is a testament to the R66’s outstanding performance and confirms its place as a leader in the helicopter industry,” said Kurt Robinson, President of Robinson Helicopter.
Certified in October 2010, the first production R66 was delivered the following month. Since then, over 960 R66s have been produced, providing dependable performance to operators all over the world. Not only has the R66 proven itself on a daily basis but it has also risen to the unique challenges of flying to the North Pole and circumnavigating the globe multiple times.
When asked about the R66, Robinson dealer Les Gillespie of Gardner Aviation (Peachtree City, Georgia) said, “The R66 has quickly become our dealership’s number one selling helicopter. Our customers compliment its power, space, and stylish looks. With all the available options like SAS Autopilot, extended range fuel tanks, and glass touchscreen panels, the R66 can be configured to meet the needs of any pilot or helicopter flight department.”
Robinson Helicopter Company, along with its international dealer network, is expanding its global presence by providing high quality, reliable helicopters throughout the world.
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot
- Kopter to present final design features of its SH09 at Heli-Expo 2020
- Aston Martin and Airbus prepare to take to the skies
- Transcend Air partners with Huslig design studio on VY400R eVTOL interior
- 12 Rules to Live by for Your Pre-Flight Helicopter Inspection
- HSC-26 Holds Change of Command Ceremony
- 09-Dec-19 ZK-HPB Airbus AS350B2 White Island, New Zealand
- A New H145 Full Flight Simulator for the US
- Airbus recognized as a top employer in the Hamilton Niagara Region
- Carleton University leverages VABS Software for more realistic rotor blade simulation
- World’s First ISO Approved Drone Safety Standards announced
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance adds plasma to blood products carried
- The Official 2019 White House Christmas Ornament is a helicopter
- FAA releases list of OTC medications under Go and NoGo categories
- Helijet CEO receives HAC Lifetime Achievement award
- USHST Initiatives Aim to Cut Down Fatal Accidents
- Russian Helicopters and Pratt & Whitney Canada sign contract