Robinson Helicopter Company announced the R66 Turbine fleet surpassed 1,000,000 flight hours. The R66 with the Rolls-Royce RR300 turbine engine achieved the million-hour mark without a single reported in-flight engine failure. This accomplishment demonstrates a level of reliability that exceeds EASA’s stringent requirements for single-engine helicopters performing commercial operations.
“We believe this milestone is a testament to the R66’s outstanding performance and confirms its place as a leader in the helicopter industry,” said Kurt Robinson, President of Robinson Helicopter.
Certified in October 2010, the first production R66 was delivered the following month. Since then, over 960 R66s have been produced, providing dependable performance to operators all over the world. Not only has the R66 proven itself on a daily basis but it has also risen to the unique challenges of flying to the North Pole and circumnavigating the globe multiple times.
When asked about the R66, Robinson dealer Les Gillespie of Gardner Aviation (Peachtree City, Georgia) said, “The R66 has quickly become our dealership’s number one selling helicopter. Our customers compliment its power, space, and stylish looks. With all the available options like SAS Autopilot, extended range fuel tanks, and glass touchscreen panels, the R66 can be configured to meet the needs of any pilot or helicopter flight department.”
Robinson Helicopter Company, along with its international dealer network, is expanding its global presence by providing high quality, reliable helicopters throughout the world.
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s
- Safety Protocols at HAI Heli-Expo 2021
- MD to take MD530F on Southern California demo tour next week