Airbus Corporate Helicopters (ACH) will this week begin demonstrating the world’s most advanced medium helicopter – the ACH160 – to prospective customers at the Monaco Yacht Show, the world’s foremost super yacht event.
The aircraft will form the centrepiece of a triumvirate of Airbus helicopters also including the marketleading ACH145 and the lighter ACH135 – all fitted to purpose for yacht operations.
The ACH160 promises to be a striking sight over Monaco’s bay on 26th September with a landing and take-off from the 139m Lürssen Flying Fox. It sets a new benchmark in corporate transportation with a blend of innovative technology, speed, comfort and style. Its interior concept is the result of a collaboration between ACH Creative Style Studio and Harrison Eidsgaard, one of the most sought after names in the superyacht design industry.
The first two ACH160 are already on the final assembly line at Airbus’ Marignane plant. EASA Certification of the H160 in transport configuration is due by the end of the year and the first ACH160 will be delivered next year.
Also on display will be an ACH135, equipped with Airbus’ ACH Line in-house interior, embarked on M/Y Bintador, a Tankoa-built 50m yacht at location C09.
The range is rounded off by an ACH145 based on the terrace of the Yacht Club de Monaco. This helicopter is finished in the Mercedes Benz Style Special Edition.
Visitors can also see the latest release of the ACH Yacht Interface App, a tool dedicated to supporting yacht designers and shipbuilders in integrating ACH aircraft into new yacht projects. This tool provides key preliminary information for incorporating ACH helicopters on-board and serves to prevent costly retrofits
Head of Airbus Corporate Helicopters, Frederic Lemos, said: “We are thrilled to be at Monaco once more and we look forward to demonstrating the suitability of our helicopter range to the needs of yacht designers, builders and owners.”
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support