Airbus Helicopters Inc. is celebrating 50 years of supporting U.S. helicopter operators.
The company’s U.S. operations began in 1969 with the establishment of Vought Helicopter, Inc. in Texas, which France’s Aerospatiale took over in 1974.
Six years later, in 1980, Airbus Helicopters Inc. opened the doors to its current facilities in Grand Prairie, which is now home to the U.S. headquarters.
With the merger of the helicopter divisions of Aerospatiale and MBB in 1992, the company was renamed American Eurocopter Corporation. In 2003, it expanded its presence in the United States and opened a production facility in Columbus, Mississippi.
After a series of product development, sales and delivery milestones, the company assumed the Airbus branding in 2014.
Today, Airbus Helicopters Inc. proudly manufactures, markets, sells, assembles, supports and provides training solutions for Airbus helicopters in the United States.
With more than 700 skilled and dedicated employees, Airbus Helicopters Inc. continues to strengthen its position as market leader in civil and commercial helicopters.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot