Airbus Helicopters Inc. is celebrating 50 years of supporting U.S. helicopter operators.
The company’s U.S. operations began in 1969 with the establishment of Vought Helicopter, Inc. in Texas, which France’s Aerospatiale took over in 1974.
Six years later, in 1980, Airbus Helicopters Inc. opened the doors to its current facilities in Grand Prairie, which is now home to the U.S. headquarters.
With the merger of the helicopter divisions of Aerospatiale and MBB in 1992, the company was renamed American Eurocopter Corporation. In 2003, it expanded its presence in the United States and opened a production facility in Columbus, Mississippi.
After a series of product development, sales and delivery milestones, the company assumed the Airbus branding in 2014.
Today, Airbus Helicopters Inc. proudly manufactures, markets, sells, assembles, supports and provides training solutions for Airbus helicopters in the United States.
With more than 700 skilled and dedicated employees, Airbus Helicopters Inc. continues to strengthen its position as market leader in civil and commercial helicopters.
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation