Airbus Helicopters Inc. is celebrating 50 years of supporting U.S. helicopter operators.
The company’s U.S. operations began in 1969 with the establishment of Vought Helicopter, Inc. in Texas, which France’s Aerospatiale took over in 1974.
Six years later, in 1980, Airbus Helicopters Inc. opened the doors to its current facilities in Grand Prairie, which is now home to the U.S. headquarters.
With the merger of the helicopter divisions of Aerospatiale and MBB in 1992, the company was renamed American Eurocopter Corporation. In 2003, it expanded its presence in the United States and opened a production facility in Columbus, Mississippi.
After a series of product development, sales and delivery milestones, the company assumed the Airbus branding in 2014.
Today, Airbus Helicopters Inc. proudly manufactures, markets, sells, assembles, supports and provides training solutions for Airbus helicopters in the United States.
With more than 700 skilled and dedicated employees, Airbus Helicopters Inc. continues to strengthen its position as market leader in civil and commercial helicopters.
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center
- Arrius engines mark 10 million flight hours
- Celebrating 40 Years of Bell Operating in China
- Safran and AECC introduce the WZ16
- LZControl supercharges its system with new upgrades
- Euramec signs non-exclusive distribution agreement with GeoSim Technologies
- Russia’s state Medevac programme on life-support
- Eemshaven Heliport receives first flight
- MINT Turbines Names New General Manager
- Norwegian Government commits to rescue helicopter base at Tromso by 2022
- CIA Museum adds Mil MI-17 helicopter
- New hangar for Tuscaloosa Police
- REACH 6 celebrates 15 years of service
- UK to advise Kazakhstan on aviation regulation
- SEI Industries is a Finalist for the 2019 BC Export Awards
- UAVOS Unmanned Helicopter Robinson for Precision Farming
- CHI St. Joseph Health and PHI upgrade aircraft
- Tender issued for German wind farm rescue helicopter
- Queenstown helicopter company liquidated