ARGUS International, Inc., the global leader in specialized aviation services, has announced that SGS, the world’s largest certification, verification, and inspection company, has acquired a majority stake. The acquisition aims to strengthen SGS’s aviation auditing and consulting services and increase market penetration through the organizations’ leveraged synergies.
“ARGUS is a globally recognized brand name in the airline, business aviation, fixed-wing, and rotary engine markets. Their broad client base and international activities will help SGS grow and keep pace with the increasing global demand of air traffic and safety”, said Frankie Ng, CEO of SGS.
SGS has an extensive history spanning over 140 years in verification and inspection, ensuring organizational safety, quality, and adherence to regulatory standards across a broad range of industry verticals. This storied history and unique perspective will further enhance ARGUS International’s offerings and accelerate its mission to exceptionally deliver relevant and valuable information solutions to the business aviation, air carrier, rotary-wing, UAS, and overall aerospace industry.
“ARGUS is proud to become a member of the SGS family, and we look forward to the next chapter,” said Joe Moeggenberg, CEO of ARGUS International, Inc. “We are confident that both SGS and ARGUS will deliver even greater value to the entire industry with the resources and verification experience SGS brings to the table.”
Bill Yantiss, COO of ARGUS International, added, “The values that make both organizations exceptional individually are a perfect match and set the stage for fruitful collaborative efforts.”
ARGUS International, PRISM, and ARGUS PROS will continue to operate as distinctive businesses within SGS’ Certification and Business Enhancement (CBE) business unit.
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation