ARGUS International, Inc., the global leader in specialized aviation services, has announced that SGS, the world’s largest certification, verification, and inspection company, has acquired a majority stake. The acquisition aims to strengthen SGS’s aviation auditing and consulting services and increase market penetration through the organizations’ leveraged synergies.
“ARGUS is a globally recognized brand name in the airline, business aviation, fixed-wing, and rotary engine markets. Their broad client base and international activities will help SGS grow and keep pace with the increasing global demand of air traffic and safety”, said Frankie Ng, CEO of SGS.
SGS has an extensive history spanning over 140 years in verification and inspection, ensuring organizational safety, quality, and adherence to regulatory standards across a broad range of industry verticals. This storied history and unique perspective will further enhance ARGUS International’s offerings and accelerate its mission to exceptionally deliver relevant and valuable information solutions to the business aviation, air carrier, rotary-wing, UAS, and overall aerospace industry.
“ARGUS is proud to become a member of the SGS family, and we look forward to the next chapter,” said Joe Moeggenberg, CEO of ARGUS International, Inc. “We are confident that both SGS and ARGUS will deliver even greater value to the entire industry with the resources and verification experience SGS brings to the table.”
Bill Yantiss, COO of ARGUS International, added, “The values that make both organizations exceptional individually are a perfect match and set the stage for fruitful collaborative efforts.”
ARGUS International, PRISM, and ARGUS PROS will continue to operate as distinctive businesses within SGS’ Certification and Business Enhancement (CBE) business unit.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot