Midlands-based helicopter training academy Helicentre Aviation has received approval from the CAA to deliver integrated training for the Commercial Pilot Licence (Helicopter). The first integrated course will commence later this month at the academy’s Leicester Airport training centre and will enable ab-initio cadets to attend full-time training for 12 months to obtain a professional licence.
The academy’s proven track record in the delivery of modular commercial pilot training and the provision of professional helicopter pilots to industry spans almost two decades, and integrated training is a natural and positive step. With Helicentre recently joining forces with Bristow in the implementation of a fully-sponsored Cadet Training Programme, the addition of the integrated CPL(H) provides an alternative route into careers like offshore Oil and Gas which is both cost and time-efficient.
Helicentre Aviation trains ab-initio pilots using a large owned and operated fleet of single-engine piston Cabri G2 and Robinson R44 helicopters. The addition of the integrated approval has created additional employment opportunities for ground and flight instructors and expansion plans are already underway to enhance the academy’s training facilities.
The start date and selection process for the 2020 integrated CPL(H) course will be announced at Pilot Careers Live which will take place at the Sofitel, Heathrow T5 on 1st and 2nd November 2019. The Helicentre Aviation team will be joined there by global operator Bristow Helicopters to speak to future pilots about helicopter training and employment opportunities.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot