The Kopter Flight Test crew has successfully performed a series of flight tests with the newly fitted and improved Main Gear Box (MGB) casing on SH09 Prototype 3 (P3).
The flights performed with the retrofitted gearbox have already confirmed the expectations of Kopter engineers and crew: the new MGB runs more smoothly, is quieter and its enhanced capabilities to sustain flight loads enable the exploration of a wider envelope in terms of aircraft payloads and overall performance.
The new MGB has already been tested in conjunction with different combinations of aerodynamic modifications aimed to further improve the handling qualities and performance of the SH09. Results of these tests contribute to finalizing the design configuration of Pre-Series Aircraft 4 and 5 (PS4 & PS5), which will jointly serve for the certification flights scheduled next year.
P3 has now been handed over to the Kopter maintenance team for a planned inspection and will resume flights within the next three weeks. We will keep you informed of our progress when P3 is back in the sky.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics