The Kopter Flight Test crew has successfully performed a series of flight tests with the newly fitted and improved Main Gear Box (MGB) casing on SH09 Prototype 3 (P3).
The flights performed with the retrofitted gearbox have already confirmed the expectations of Kopter engineers and crew: the new MGB runs more smoothly, is quieter and its enhanced capabilities to sustain flight loads enable the exploration of a wider envelope in terms of aircraft payloads and overall performance.
The new MGB has already been tested in conjunction with different combinations of aerodynamic modifications aimed to further improve the handling qualities and performance of the SH09. Results of these tests contribute to finalizing the design configuration of Pre-Series Aircraft 4 and 5 (PS4 & PS5), which will jointly serve for the certification flights scheduled next year.
P3 has now been handed over to the Kopter maintenance team for a planned inspection and will resume flights within the next three weeks. We will keep you informed of our progress when P3 is back in the sky.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot