Together with the helicopter operator Heli Service International the SPAES GmbH & Co. KG has create an EASA-STC for the installation of an additional search and landing light for the helicopter Airbus BK 117 C-1.
The Nightscanner® is an integrated search and landing light, which is installed in the lower fuselage of the helicopter and can be swiveled vertically or rotated horizontally in
a range of 360° by the pilot. As a result, optimal illumination of the outdoor area is possible during night operations.
Operation of the headlamp is done with the pre-installed controls on the pitch in the cockpit. An additional switch for selecting the new or the pre-installed headlamp has been installed in the overhead panel.
For the installation of the composite hood, the lower fairing has been modified and adapted to the new shape. For this purpose, different antennas had to be relocated.
The functional test of the Nightscanner® was carried out by technicians on site with a subsequent test flight under night flight conditions.
Nightscanner® search and landing lights are now installed in three helicopters. They find their application on the research vessel „Polarstern“, which carries out research projects on climate change in the coming months at the North Pole.
The STC is available for helicopter types Airbus BK 117 A-1, A-3, A-4, B-1, B-2 and C-1.
- EASA issues 3rd edition of Helicopter Flight Instructor Guide
- HAI determined that Heli-Expo 2021 will be live, not virtual
- MD Helicopters completes another MD500E conversion to MD530F
- Thales and StandardAero mark first flight of 4-axis autopilot for Airbus AS350 and H125
- Brazil’s Federal Highway Police orders six AW119s
- Elbit win $96M Contract for a Rotary-Wing Mission Training Center
- Leonardo to add extra baggage pod to AW189
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505