Together with the helicopter operator Heli Service International the SPAES GmbH & Co. KG has create an EASA-STC for the installation of an additional search and landing light for the helicopter Airbus BK 117 C-1.
The Nightscanner® is an integrated search and landing light, which is installed in the lower fuselage of the helicopter and can be swiveled vertically or rotated horizontally in
a range of 360° by the pilot. As a result, optimal illumination of the outdoor area is possible during night operations.
Operation of the headlamp is done with the pre-installed controls on the pitch in the cockpit. An additional switch for selecting the new or the pre-installed headlamp has been installed in the overhead panel.
For the installation of the composite hood, the lower fairing has been modified and adapted to the new shape. For this purpose, different antennas had to be relocated.
The functional test of the Nightscanner® was carried out by technicians on site with a subsequent test flight under night flight conditions.
Nightscanner® search and landing lights are now installed in three helicopters. They find their application on the research vessel „Polarstern“, which carries out research projects on climate change in the coming months at the North Pole.
The STC is available for helicopter types Airbus BK 117 A-1, A-3, A-4, B-1, B-2 and C-1.
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO