Together with the helicopter operator Heli Service International the SPAES GmbH & Co. KG has create an EASA-STC for the installation of an additional search and landing light for the helicopter Airbus BK 117 C-1.
The Nightscanner® is an integrated search and landing light, which is installed in the lower fuselage of the helicopter and can be swiveled vertically or rotated horizontally in
a range of 360° by the pilot. As a result, optimal illumination of the outdoor area is possible during night operations.
Operation of the headlamp is done with the pre-installed controls on the pitch in the cockpit. An additional switch for selecting the new or the pre-installed headlamp has been installed in the overhead panel.
For the installation of the composite hood, the lower fairing has been modified and adapted to the new shape. For this purpose, different antennas had to be relocated.
The functional test of the Nightscanner® was carried out by technicians on site with a subsequent test flight under night flight conditions.
Nightscanner® search and landing lights are now installed in three helicopters. They find their application on the research vessel „Polarstern“, which carries out research projects on climate change in the coming months at the North Pole.
The STC is available for helicopter types Airbus BK 117 A-1, A-3, A-4, B-1, B-2 and C-1.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award