Together with the helicopter operator Heli Service International the SPAES GmbH & Co. KG has create an EASA-STC for the installation of an additional search and landing light for the helicopter Airbus BK 117 C-1.
The Nightscanner® is an integrated search and landing light, which is installed in the lower fuselage of the helicopter and can be swiveled vertically or rotated horizontally in
a range of 360° by the pilot. As a result, optimal illumination of the outdoor area is possible during night operations.
Operation of the headlamp is done with the pre-installed controls on the pitch in the cockpit. An additional switch for selecting the new or the pre-installed headlamp has been installed in the overhead panel.
For the installation of the composite hood, the lower fairing has been modified and adapted to the new shape. For this purpose, different antennas had to be relocated.
The functional test of the Nightscanner® was carried out by technicians on site with a subsequent test flight under night flight conditions.
Nightscanner® search and landing lights are now installed in three helicopters. They find their application on the research vessel „Polarstern“, which carries out research projects on climate change in the coming months at the North Pole.
The STC is available for helicopter types Airbus BK 117 A-1, A-3, A-4, B-1, B-2 and C-1.
- Two Japanese prefectures sign helicopter cooperation agreement
- RNAS Culdrose to control satellite airfield remotely
- Ideagen and PHI Aviation Agree Five-Year Safety Management Software Deal
- WAI Announces Keynote Speakers for Virtual WAI2021 Conference
- G+ and HeliOffshore collaborate on helicopter operations for wind farms
- Air Ambulances UK announces new CEO
- Inter-Tec Group opens a new business in Ireland
- Airbus recognizes 2 employees with 50 years of service
- Summit Aviation makes appointment to new Director of Program Management role
- Milestone Aviation and NHV Group expand partnership
- HAI names recipient of the 2021 Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- USHST identifies need for Automatic Flight Control Systems in light helicopters
- NHV awarded contract by Allseas Engineering
- Volocopter Raises €200 Million in Series D Funding Round
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms