Together with the helicopter operator Heli Service International the SPAES GmbH & Co. KG has create an EASA-STC for the installation of an additional search and landing light for the helicopter Airbus BK 117 C-1.
The Nightscanner® is an integrated search and landing light, which is installed in the lower fuselage of the helicopter and can be swiveled vertically or rotated horizontally in
a range of 360° by the pilot. As a result, optimal illumination of the outdoor area is possible during night operations.
Operation of the headlamp is done with the pre-installed controls on the pitch in the cockpit. An additional switch for selecting the new or the pre-installed headlamp has been installed in the overhead panel.
For the installation of the composite hood, the lower fairing has been modified and adapted to the new shape. For this purpose, different antennas had to be relocated.
The functional test of the Nightscanner® was carried out by technicians on site with a subsequent test flight under night flight conditions.
Nightscanner® search and landing lights are now installed in three helicopters. They find their application on the research vessel „Polarstern“, which carries out research projects on climate change in the coming months at the North Pole.
The STC is available for helicopter types Airbus BK 117 A-1, A-3, A-4, B-1, B-2 and C-1.
- StandardAero Completes Consolidation of Helicopter Centers of Excellence
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- HTM Helicopter Travel Munich appoints new Managing Director
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work