PhilJets has appointed a new Chief Executive Officer to manage both PhilJets Aero Charter and PhilJets Aero Services in the midst of its expansion in 2019. Established in 2013, PhilJets has grown its portfolio to 15 aircrafts currently under management including newly added Gulfstream G200, Citation Latitude, Citation CJ4 and with additional upcoming R44, Bell 505 and Bell 429. It has also recently opened an MRO facility as authorized service center for Textron Aviation.
PhilJets Group, which counts Singapore based Venture Capital Negocia Group as well as Singapore based investment holding Starline Global Industries among its shareholders, aims to consolidate, structure and prepare for the next phase of its growth cycle. Robert Reguero, armed with over 20 years experience in the aviation industry has taken the mission to transform the Asian growing startup into an international company.
Mr. Robert Reguero, CEO PhilJets Group
Reguero is an aeronautical engineer of European descent. He has been in the industry since 1998, starting off his commercial career with ATR and Safran in France before joining Airbus Helicopters in the USA and in France, followed with aircraft trading at Blueberry Aviation (formerly Avinco SAM) in Monaco. He joined the senior management of Era Helicopter under the Seacor Group Aviation division, overseeing performances of portfolio investments of company and its Joint Venture Internationally. Prior to joining PhilJets, Robert has also been involved with Miami Jets in the Caribbean. From aircrafts or engine manufacturers to large Oil & Gas operators, from fixed wings to rotary wings and a solid network worldwide, Reguero’s expertise will be beneficial to PhilJets for rolling out its expansion plans in the Philippines and the ASEAN region.
Former CEO Willyn Villarica who has led the first transformation phase of PhilJets expressed her support to successor Reguero.
“I have been delighted to immerse into the aviation world, while implementing the first changes necessary to transition into a more professionally managed startup. After more than a year, I am ecstatic that we are onboarding Robert. His in-depth industry knowledge as well as his exposure to various management roles will bring our company to greater heights with the backing of our board.”
Thierry Tea, PhilJets Chairman of the Board, also extended his regards to Reguero. “We have learned a lot thanks to Willyn, who has enabled the start of the changes. The company is now ready to enter into a new era with tremendous opportunities ahead of us. We are building a stronger MRO and distribution business unit with additional capabilities as well as a stronger Air Transport and Air Asset Management business lines. We are warmly welcoming Robert to lead the development of PhilJets for the years to come.
PhilJets is planning to increase its portfolio to 10 jets and 20 helicopters in its fleet by 2022 in the Philippines. The company is also structuring the expansion of its MRO business unit’s capabilities build up in order to meet the growing requirements in the ASEAN region.
“I am honored to have been appointed as new CEO of PhilJets Group. I take the opportunity to thank the board of director and my predecessor Willyn Villarica for providing the necessary conditions and the opportunity to work with such skilled and dedicated teams. I look forward to serve PhilJets clients across our key activities, developing new ventures with our business partners and working with our suppliers in improving aviation services and standards in the Asia.”
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot