Bell Textron Inc., a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, celebrated 40 years of Bell helicopters operating in the Chinese market.
“In the past 40 years, the Chinese civil helicopter industry has tremendously changed, becoming the second largest civilian helicopter market in Asia-Pacific. Bell has been very proud to participate in the development of the vertical lift industry since the first aircraft orders in 1979,” said Jacinto Monge, Managing Director of Bell North Asia. “We are actively working with our Chinese collaborators, CAAC and other authorities to build a safe, efficient and sustainable vertical industry for China for future generations.”
From the light single-engine helicopters Bell 505 and Bell 407 to the light twin-engine helicopter Bell 429 and the medium-sized twin-engine helicopter Bell 412, Bell helicopters are performing various types of missions in China every day. The world’s first fly-by-wire helicopter, the Bell 525 super mid-size helicopter, is on track to being ready to land in China in coming years, and Bell expects this game-changer helicopter to boost the development of the safe and effective advanced helicopter operations in China.
There are approximately 180 Bell helicopters operating across China. That number is expected to grow in the coming years as Bell is scheduled to deliver new helicopters to China based on more than 200 orders that have been signed since 2017.
The 2019 Tianjin Helicopter Expo is held from 10 to 13 October. Visit us in our booth #1C101.
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation
- DRF Luftrettung H135 and H145 receive EMS equipment
- COVID-19 – MD Helicopter launches flight support for COVID-19 humanitarian missions
- Autoflug and Volocopter partner on air taxi seats
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules