Bell Textron Inc., a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company, celebrated 40 years of Bell helicopters operating in the Chinese market.
“In the past 40 years, the Chinese civil helicopter industry has tremendously changed, becoming the second largest civilian helicopter market in Asia-Pacific. Bell has been very proud to participate in the development of the vertical lift industry since the first aircraft orders in 1979,” said Jacinto Monge, Managing Director of Bell North Asia. “We are actively working with our Chinese collaborators, CAAC and other authorities to build a safe, efficient and sustainable vertical industry for China for future generations.”
From the light single-engine helicopters Bell 505 and Bell 407 to the light twin-engine helicopter Bell 429 and the medium-sized twin-engine helicopter Bell 412, Bell helicopters are performing various types of missions in China every day. The world’s first fly-by-wire helicopter, the Bell 525 super mid-size helicopter, is on track to being ready to land in China in coming years, and Bell expects this game-changer helicopter to boost the development of the safe and effective advanced helicopter operations in China.
There are approximately 180 Bell helicopters operating across China. That number is expected to grow in the coming years as Bell is scheduled to deliver new helicopters to China based on more than 200 orders that have been signed since 2017.
The 2019 Tianjin Helicopter Expo is held from 10 to 13 October. Visit us in our booth #1C101.
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- US Army to buy 31 simulators from Ryan Aerospace
- GE partners with Hybrid Project for high-endurance VTOL UAV
- Lockheed Martin appoints leader of Future Vertical Lift campaign
- FAA issues new diabetic protocol for pilots
- Milestone CEO promoted to top GECAS role