LZControl allows pilots, UAS operators, certificate holders, first responders, as well as federal, state, and local emergency management providers access to unique site-specific information for hospital heliports as well as Predesignated Medical Emergency Scene Sites. All while providing current weather and hazard information for individual sites along with critical hard to find healthcare data populated by our cadre of professional members, and all conveniently at your fingertips.
New LZControl features Include:
• Faster Access
• Layers function, so you only see what you need to
• Weather reporting associated with each LZ within 40 nautical miles
• Hospital resources for medical emergency operations
• Locations of the nearest fuel sites
• Identification of nearby IFR procedures
Similar web-based applications pull data directly from the FAA, as is, without validation, and it is estimated that the FAA’s database is currently missing upwards of 45% of the hospital heliports in the U.S. Combined with the fact the FAA does not track hospital’s level of care designator for Trauma, Burn, Neonate and Pediatric capabilities, the latest, most accurate real-time information may not be available when you need it most.
Through its unique crowdsourcing platform, LZControl has been able to bridge a critical information gap for emergency management professionals by providing site-specific information that is unique, time-sensitive and accurate. A must-have during a disaster.
UAS and drone operators who use LZControl are now better equipped to identify hospital heliports and predesignated scene locations they previously would have never known existed. In turn, this allows for safer operations for everyone concerned.
LZControl is not just for hospitals — all heliports are welcome. If you want to become a part of our growing LZControl team and add a new location or update a current one or want to know where all the heliports are in your area, sign up today. It’s free!
About LZControl: LZControl is a FREE international landing zone database designed to improve safety and communications for the entire helicopter community. It is a free crowdsourced interactive database that displays critical information flight crews need for making better decisions and timely risk evaluations regarding helicopter landing zones and flight operations. LZControl’s database is populated and updated by individuals actively operating in the helicopter community. LZControl provides both a computer-based and portable handheld electronic platform that uses real-time information updated by your peers, so you don’t have to base your decisions on outdated information submitted on paper 30 or more years ago.
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- US Army to buy 31 simulators from Ryan Aerospace
- GE partners with Hybrid Project for high-endurance VTOL UAV
- Lockheed Martin appoints leader of Future Vertical Lift campaign
- FAA issues new diabetic protocol for pilots
- Milestone CEO promoted to top GECAS role