LCI, a leading helicopter lessor and the aviation division of the Libra Group, has launched its first ever helicopter co-investment vehicle.
The new helicopter ownership vehicle contains five aircraft all on long-term lease – three Leonardo AW139 and two Sikorsky S-92 units – and is valued at over US$100 million. It has been launched in partnership with Flexam Tangible Asset Income Fund (part of Flexam Invest Group), who have also contributed to the capitalisation. LCI will also act as servicer for the vehicle.
Jaspal Jandu, Chief Financial Officer of LCI, said: “LCI is delighted to lead the helicopter leasing sector in launching this new form of ownership vehicle. It enables investors to participate at a specific transaction level and we are delighted to be partnering with Flexam whose professionalism in asset financing has been instrumental in executing this transaction.
“There has been strong interest in our first co-investment vehicle and, as a helicopter lessor with a proven platform, management team and track record, we look forward to building upon similar frameworks in the future.”
Fabrice Fraikin and Florian de Sigy, both partners at Flexam Invest, said: “The helicopter leasing marketplace is a dynamic one offering many investment opportunities. LCI is a leading lessor in this space possessing unrivalled experience and breadth of knowledge. Its track record as an aviation lessor is greatly respected by the financial community, making them an ideal partner for Flexam.”
LCI first entered the helicopter leasing marketplace in 2012 with a $400m order for a fleet of Leonardo AW139, AW169 and AW189 aircraft. Since that time, it has developed a proven leasing platform which today is renowned for the ownership, management and servicing of a fleet approaching 100 aircraft.
These are in operation across four continents in multiple sectors including offshore wind, emergency medical services, search and rescue, maritime pilot transfer and offshore oil and gas.
LCI’s fleet now comprises approximately US$1 billion of assets in service, on order and under control, focused on the latest technology medium and super medium helicopters manufactured by the leading helicopter OEMs including Leonardo, Airbus and Sikorsky.
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- US Army to buy 31 simulators from Ryan Aerospace
- GE partners with Hybrid Project for high-endurance VTOL UAV
- Lockheed Martin appoints leader of Future Vertical Lift campaign
- FAA issues new diabetic protocol for pilots
- Milestone CEO promoted to top GECAS role