LCI, a leading helicopter lessor and the aviation division of the Libra Group, has launched its first ever helicopter co-investment vehicle.
The new helicopter ownership vehicle contains five aircraft all on long-term lease – three Leonardo AW139 and two Sikorsky S-92 units – and is valued at over US$100 million. It has been launched in partnership with Flexam Tangible Asset Income Fund (part of Flexam Invest Group), who have also contributed to the capitalisation. LCI will also act as servicer for the vehicle.
Jaspal Jandu, Chief Financial Officer of LCI, said: “LCI is delighted to lead the helicopter leasing sector in launching this new form of ownership vehicle. It enables investors to participate at a specific transaction level and we are delighted to be partnering with Flexam whose professionalism in asset financing has been instrumental in executing this transaction.
“There has been strong interest in our first co-investment vehicle and, as a helicopter lessor with a proven platform, management team and track record, we look forward to building upon similar frameworks in the future.”
Fabrice Fraikin and Florian de Sigy, both partners at Flexam Invest, said: “The helicopter leasing marketplace is a dynamic one offering many investment opportunities. LCI is a leading lessor in this space possessing unrivalled experience and breadth of knowledge. Its track record as an aviation lessor is greatly respected by the financial community, making them an ideal partner for Flexam.”
LCI first entered the helicopter leasing marketplace in 2012 with a $400m order for a fleet of Leonardo AW139, AW169 and AW189 aircraft. Since that time, it has developed a proven leasing platform which today is renowned for the ownership, management and servicing of a fleet approaching 100 aircraft.
These are in operation across four continents in multiple sectors including offshore wind, emergency medical services, search and rescue, maritime pilot transfer and offshore oil and gas.
LCI’s fleet now comprises approximately US$1 billion of assets in service, on order and under control, focused on the latest technology medium and super medium helicopters manufactured by the leading helicopter OEMs including Leonardo, Airbus and Sikorsky.
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters
- Airbus adds 250 helicopters to HCare Smart and Infinite contracts
- Akima Awarded task order for helicopter maintenance at Fairchild AFB
- Gardner Standard Announces the Acquisition of Shadin Avionics