LCI, a leading helicopter lessor and the aviation division of the Libra Group, has launched its first ever helicopter co-investment vehicle.
The new helicopter ownership vehicle contains five aircraft all on long-term lease – three Leonardo AW139 and two Sikorsky S-92 units – and is valued at over US$100 million. It has been launched in partnership with Flexam Tangible Asset Income Fund (part of Flexam Invest Group), who have also contributed to the capitalisation. LCI will also act as servicer for the vehicle.
Jaspal Jandu, Chief Financial Officer of LCI, said: “LCI is delighted to lead the helicopter leasing sector in launching this new form of ownership vehicle. It enables investors to participate at a specific transaction level and we are delighted to be partnering with Flexam whose professionalism in asset financing has been instrumental in executing this transaction.
“There has been strong interest in our first co-investment vehicle and, as a helicopter lessor with a proven platform, management team and track record, we look forward to building upon similar frameworks in the future.”
Fabrice Fraikin and Florian de Sigy, both partners at Flexam Invest, said: “The helicopter leasing marketplace is a dynamic one offering many investment opportunities. LCI is a leading lessor in this space possessing unrivalled experience and breadth of knowledge. Its track record as an aviation lessor is greatly respected by the financial community, making them an ideal partner for Flexam.”
LCI first entered the helicopter leasing marketplace in 2012 with a $400m order for a fleet of Leonardo AW139, AW169 and AW189 aircraft. Since that time, it has developed a proven leasing platform which today is renowned for the ownership, management and servicing of a fleet approaching 100 aircraft.
These are in operation across four continents in multiple sectors including offshore wind, emergency medical services, search and rescue, maritime pilot transfer and offshore oil and gas.
LCI’s fleet now comprises approximately US$1 billion of assets in service, on order and under control, focused on the latest technology medium and super medium helicopters manufactured by the leading helicopter OEMs including Leonardo, Airbus and Sikorsky.
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO
- 2019 mission statistics of the DRF Group
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform