Yesterday, the Police in Slovenia received a new Leonardo AW169 from the factory in Italy. Serial 69102 was delivered on an Italian test registration, but will take up the local mark S5-HPI in the near future. The helicopter is fitted with a hoist to starboard, but currently has no other obvious externally fitted items of role equipment. Information from the operator suggests it has a hook, a removable single-patient EMS interior, NVG capable
This delivery will certainly move the ability of this unit up a gear or two. Their current fleet is rather disparate, and would likely make any maintenance manager raise an eyebrow due to the number of different types
- one Agusta-Bell 212 (delivered 1980)
- two Agusta-Bell 206B JetRangers (delivered 1984)
- one Agusta-Bell 412 (delivered 1987)
- one Agusta AW109E Power (delivered 2004)
- one Airbus EC135P2+ (delivered 2007)
There is no immediate information on which of the above are in line for retirement, but Slovenian Police say that only one JetRanger and the A109 are currently serviceable and that the others are “under maintenance or refurbishment” without adding how long each had been (and will be) in that state.
Slovenian instagrammer sierra5net posted some images of the aircraft online, and noted that a second example is due for delivery in 2021.
The images presented here are from the Slovenian Police.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex marks 30 years with royal visitor
- Travis County STAR Flight selects Axnes PNG for new AW169 fleet
- Leonardo delivers its 100th AW169
- First AW169 EMS Helicopter Fleet in US in Service
- UK AOC for NHV Group granted; new AW169 operating base at Blackpool in prospect?
- Civil helicopter market presence grows in South Africa
- Daegu Fire Department to take delivery of new AW169
- NHV orders two AW169 for offshore operations
- AW169 helicopter to enter offshore operations in Africa
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- Weststar AW139 and AW169 orders
- Leonardo to expand US training with AW169 and AW609 simulators
- SAFE delivers first AW169 maintenance stands in US
- Isles of Scilly spoiler operation runs out of steam
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- WW2 Spitfire has near miss with EMS AW169
- Falcon Aviation Services starts AW169 contract in Kuwait
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- Aerolite Receives FAA STC for AW169 Air Medical Interior
- Washington Redskins owner Dan Snyder buys an AW169