Boeing (NYSE:BA) announced the launch of ForeFlight Dispatch, a team flight planning component of its web application that delivers a next-generation, multi-user, schedule-to-mobile flight planning capability for flight operations of any size.
With Dispatch, flight plans are created by pilots, dispatchers, or automatically via integrated scheduling systems to generate “cleared-as-filed” routes, briefings, and operational flight plans, which are then synchronized with the ForeFlight Mobile application on crew devices. Flight watchers or dispatchers can then monitor flights or make changes to flight plans, and all changes are automatically synced back to crew devices, resulting in a more productive flight operation.
Customers across North America and Europe have already tested the new capabilities with live flight operations in an extensive beta program. The inaugural customer of ForeFlight Dispatch, Flexjet, is a preeminent operator committed to deploying the latest technology throughout the organization.
“As one of the industry’s most innovative brands, Flexjet regularly seeks to drive efficiencies in every part of our business,” said Flexjet Chief Operating Officer Megan Wolf. “ForeFlight, in partnership with us, dramatically improved the flight planning process and created cutting-edge technology for both the Dispatchers and the Pilots.”
“For the past year, we have beta tested the Dispatch software to our Global fleet, which operate all over the world,” said Tim Montie, director of operations at Flexjet. “The efficiencies that we have realized with optimized flight plan routes, fuel burns, and passenger comfort have been outstanding. This has also allowed us to reduce the number of applications that our pilots must maintain and reduces the amount of actual paper documents that each pilot and aircraft must carry.”
“We are thrilled to be expanding our longstanding relationship with Flexjet as they adopt our Dispatch capabilities,” said Tyson Weihs, Co-Founder and CEO of ForeFlight, a Boeing Company. “We worked closely with Flexjet to identify and eliminate the biggest inefficiencies faced by their teams: workflow fragmentation, slow route generation, disconnected systems, and complex workarounds to release flights to crew members. We are now addressing these issues by combining the app’s historical strengths and our Jeppesen data in a single, streamlined, next-gen flight planning solution.”
ForeFlight Dispatch solves several common challenges for flight departments — how to efficiently load flight plans from the scheduling system, select valid and optimal flight routes, collaboratively plan, file, and monitor flights, and ultimately distribute them along with associated documents to crew members’ mobile devices.
With Dispatch, supported flight scheduling systems can send flights directly into ForeFlight so teams can start working with them right away. ForeFlight Web provides a centralized list view of all planned and filed flights so Planners have better insight into the status of any flight and the overall view of the day’s operations.
Likewise, pilots can easily see flights assigned to them both on the web and on their mobile devices. Flights created by pilots on their mobile devices appear on the web for planners to view and edit, allowing flight crews and planning teams to view more easily. ForeFlight’s Sync system ensures that all changes are reflected across the platform for everyone involved.
All of Boeing’s existing best-in-class flight planning features through ForeFlight, combined with its high-quality “runway to runway” flight planning data through Jeppesen, are enhanced by the addition of advanced capabilities like fine-tuned route constraints and partial routing, at-a-glance speed and altitude performance comparisons, expanded fuel policies, automatic Jeppesen Airway Manual lookups and overflight reports.
Dispatch’s Scheduling API allows ForeFlight to integrate with scheduling software providers and enterprise systems. Initial planned integrations include Boeing’s Jeppesen Operator, SD Scheduler, Flightdocs Enterprise, BART by Seagil Software, PFM Ops Console, and Avmosys.
Customers attending NBAA can see a demo and sign up to get started with Dispatch at the ForeFlight booth in North Hall – Booth 5518, and the Boeing booth in North and Central halls – Booth 5202.
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award
- FAA downgrades Malaysia safety rating
- Penzance Helicopters launches Travel Club discount for Isles of Scilly residents
- Metro Aviation appoints HR Director
- Becker delivers ADS-B transponders for German law enforcement AS332s
- FindHeli launches helicopter booking app
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance becomes fourth UK EMS operator with Air Operator Certificate
- US Army to buy 31 simulators from Ryan Aerospace
- GE partners with Hybrid Project for high-endurance VTOL UAV
- Lockheed Martin appoints leader of Future Vertical Lift campaign
- FAA issues new diabetic protocol for pilots
- Milestone CEO promoted to top GECAS role