At the occasion of ADEX 2019 held in Seoul, South Korea, Kopter Group AG (Kopter) and Korea Aerospace Industries, LTD. (KAI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding, paving the way for a close cooperation between the two companies.
This framework officially launches the start of a collaboration between Kopter and KAI around local assembly, production, customization and sales of Kopter’s SH09 single-engine helicopter in Korea. This cooperation might equally lead to helicopter sales to other Asian countries from Korea.
Christian Gras, Kopter Executive Vice President Customers declared: “We are very proud to cooperate with KAI, whose significant experience of the helicopter industry makes it a highly valuable partner. We do believe that a partnership between our two companies will be very beneficial for both parties going forward, especially as the SH09 is the ideal complement to KAI current helicopter portfolio and fully meets Korea’s market needs.”
Sang Choi, KAI Executive Vice President commented: “KAI is extremely pleased to cooperate with Kopter as key partner in the Asia-Pacific region. KAI strongly believes that this will be a great opportunity to add the SH09 single-engine helicopter in KAI’s rotary-wing production portfolio. Furthermore, an enlarged collaboration in the technical area between both companies will create significant prospects in both Korean and Asia-Pacific market”.
The SH09 is the perfect mission tool to fulfil the needs in Korea for a modern, performing and cost-effective platform for private, commercial and public organizations. It offers the cabin size and mission capability of a light twin turbine helicopter at the cost of a single. Its exceptional layout gives the aircraft an unequalled mission versatility allowing to perform the largest spectrum of missions.
- NATA Supports New FAA Online Tool Easing Access to Aviation Safety Guidance
- Bid deadline for Pawan Hans extended by a month
- Air traffic controller saves CV-22 and six crew
- HeliOffshore 2021 Conferences goes virtual
- EHang to Provide UAM Services in Hengqin New Area in Zhuhai, China
- Spectrum Aeromed Hires New QMS Compliance Manager
- CAE partners with The LOSA Collaborative
- CH-53K King Stallion completes first sea trials
- Volocopter Launches Campaign to Bring Electric Air Taxi Services to U.S. Cities
- STARS Lottery fundraiser remains as critical as ever
- SPAES creates Bo105 digital cockpit based on Garmin 500H
- Russia certifies Guimbal G2 Cabri
- UK – National Grid to add second Bell 429
- First flight of UAVOS – TITRA joint project
- New Leonardo ASW system achieves milestone
- FAA Approves AeroLEDs For Part 27 Rotorcraft AeroLEDs
- Royal Navy opens new helipad facility in Plymouth
- Airbus improves EC145 anti-collision light
- STARS adds fourth and fifth Airbus H145 to fleet
- Airbus Helicopters will NOT be at Heli-Expo 2021