At the occasion of ADEX 2019 held in Seoul, South Korea, Kopter Group AG (Kopter) and Korea Aerospace Industries, LTD. (KAI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding, paving the way for a close cooperation between the two companies.
This framework officially launches the start of a collaboration between Kopter and KAI around local assembly, production, customization and sales of Kopter’s SH09 single-engine helicopter in Korea. This cooperation might equally lead to helicopter sales to other Asian countries from Korea.
Christian Gras, Kopter Executive Vice President Customers declared: “We are very proud to cooperate with KAI, whose significant experience of the helicopter industry makes it a highly valuable partner. We do believe that a partnership between our two companies will be very beneficial for both parties going forward, especially as the SH09 is the ideal complement to KAI current helicopter portfolio and fully meets Korea’s market needs.”
Sang Choi, KAI Executive Vice President commented: “KAI is extremely pleased to cooperate with Kopter as key partner in the Asia-Pacific region. KAI strongly believes that this will be a great opportunity to add the SH09 single-engine helicopter in KAI’s rotary-wing production portfolio. Furthermore, an enlarged collaboration in the technical area between both companies will create significant prospects in both Korean and Asia-Pacific market”.
The SH09 is the perfect mission tool to fulfil the needs in Korea for a modern, performing and cost-effective platform for private, commercial and public organizations. It offers the cabin size and mission capability of a light twin turbine helicopter at the cost of a single. Its exceptional layout gives the aircraft an unequalled mission versatility allowing to perform the largest spectrum of missions.
- StandardAero Completes Consolidation of Helicopter Centers of Excellence
- US EMS Operator contracts for first IFR-certified AW119
- HTM Helicopter Travel Munich appoints new Managing Director
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work