At the occasion of ADEX 2019 held in Seoul, South Korea, Kopter Group AG (Kopter) and Korea Aerospace Industries, LTD. (KAI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding, paving the way for a close cooperation between the two companies.
This framework officially launches the start of a collaboration between Kopter and KAI around local assembly, production, customization and sales of Kopter’s SH09 single-engine helicopter in Korea. This cooperation might equally lead to helicopter sales to other Asian countries from Korea.
Christian Gras, Kopter Executive Vice President Customers declared: “We are very proud to cooperate with KAI, whose significant experience of the helicopter industry makes it a highly valuable partner. We do believe that a partnership between our two companies will be very beneficial for both parties going forward, especially as the SH09 is the ideal complement to KAI current helicopter portfolio and fully meets Korea’s market needs.”
Sang Choi, KAI Executive Vice President commented: “KAI is extremely pleased to cooperate with Kopter as key partner in the Asia-Pacific region. KAI strongly believes that this will be a great opportunity to add the SH09 single-engine helicopter in KAI’s rotary-wing production portfolio. Furthermore, an enlarged collaboration in the technical area between both companies will create significant prospects in both Korean and Asia-Pacific market”.
The SH09 is the perfect mission tool to fulfil the needs in Korea for a modern, performing and cost-effective platform for private, commercial and public organizations. It offers the cabin size and mission capability of a light twin turbine helicopter at the cost of a single. Its exceptional layout gives the aircraft an unequalled mission versatility allowing to perform the largest spectrum of missions.
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s