At the occasion of ADEX 2019 held in Seoul, South Korea, Kopter Group AG (Kopter) and Korea Aerospace Industries, LTD. (KAI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding, paving the way for a close cooperation between the two companies.
This framework officially launches the start of a collaboration between Kopter and KAI around local assembly, production, customization and sales of Kopter’s SH09 single-engine helicopter in Korea. This cooperation might equally lead to helicopter sales to other Asian countries from Korea.
Christian Gras, Kopter Executive Vice President Customers declared: “We are very proud to cooperate with KAI, whose significant experience of the helicopter industry makes it a highly valuable partner. We do believe that a partnership between our two companies will be very beneficial for both parties going forward, especially as the SH09 is the ideal complement to KAI current helicopter portfolio and fully meets Korea’s market needs.”
Sang Choi, KAI Executive Vice President commented: “KAI is extremely pleased to cooperate with Kopter as key partner in the Asia-Pacific region. KAI strongly believes that this will be a great opportunity to add the SH09 single-engine helicopter in KAI’s rotary-wing production portfolio. Furthermore, an enlarged collaboration in the technical area between both companies will create significant prospects in both Korean and Asia-Pacific market”.
The SH09 is the perfect mission tool to fulfil the needs in Korea for a modern, performing and cost-effective platform for private, commercial and public organizations. It offers the cabin size and mission capability of a light twin turbine helicopter at the cost of a single. Its exceptional layout gives the aircraft an unequalled mission versatility allowing to perform the largest spectrum of missions.
- Global AirParts announces S-76 part out from LCI
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems gains FAA STC for MD500
- Voler Aviation Services add third helicopter type to training fleet
- Cobham’s RT-7000 Granted FAA TSOA
- Sikorsky awarded $550M contract for delivery of 6 CH-53K
- Foreign Military Sale to TECRO of 100 Harpoon Coastal Defense Systems
- MNP makes significant contribution to STARS fleet renewal program
- MissionGO Completes Longest Organ Delivery Flight via UAS
- Babock re-launches scheduled services in Spain with AW139
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet