At the occasion of ADEX 2019 held in Seoul, South Korea, Kopter Group AG (Kopter) and Korea Aerospace Industries, LTD. (KAI) signed a Memorandum of Understanding, paving the way for a close cooperation between the two companies.
This framework officially launches the start of a collaboration between Kopter and KAI around local assembly, production, customization and sales of Kopter’s SH09 single-engine helicopter in Korea. This cooperation might equally lead to helicopter sales to other Asian countries from Korea.
Christian Gras, Kopter Executive Vice President Customers declared: “We are very proud to cooperate with KAI, whose significant experience of the helicopter industry makes it a highly valuable partner. We do believe that a partnership between our two companies will be very beneficial for both parties going forward, especially as the SH09 is the ideal complement to KAI current helicopter portfolio and fully meets Korea’s market needs.”
Sang Choi, KAI Executive Vice President commented: “KAI is extremely pleased to cooperate with Kopter as key partner in the Asia-Pacific region. KAI strongly believes that this will be a great opportunity to add the SH09 single-engine helicopter in KAI’s rotary-wing production portfolio. Furthermore, an enlarged collaboration in the technical area between both companies will create significant prospects in both Korean and Asia-Pacific market”.
The SH09 is the perfect mission tool to fulfil the needs in Korea for a modern, performing and cost-effective platform for private, commercial and public organizations. It offers the cabin size and mission capability of a light twin turbine helicopter at the cost of a single. Its exceptional layout gives the aircraft an unequalled mission versatility allowing to perform the largest spectrum of missions.
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award