The Association of Air Medical Services (AAMS) is thrilled to announce the appointment of Cameron Curtis to lead the AAMS organization and Medevac Foundation International. Cameron will not assume the leadership role until January 2020 but will attend the upcoming AAMS AMTC Conference in Atlanta, November 4-6, 2019.
As chairman of the AAMS board and chair of the search committee, I can tell you that we were presented with an outstanding group of candidates for our CEO position,” said Doug Garretson. “We combed through candidates from all backgrounds and specialties, but Cameron raised the bar for all candidates. She brings an engaging personality, a drive to lead the mission of AAMS forward, a track record of success and an impressive array of references. With Cameron, we are excited to continue to build on the foundation of AAMS, crafted by our membership and nurtured the past 8 years under the leadership of Rick Sherlock.”
Cameron Curtis, CMM, CAE, has more than 18 years of association management experience and comes to AAMS from SmithBucklin’s Healthcare + Scientific Industry Practice, where she served as the executive director for the Society of Interventional Oncology (SIO), Association for Clinical and Translational Science (ACTS), Texas Speech-Language-Hearing Association (TSHA), and Association of Meeting Professionals (AMPS). Since joining SmithBucklin in 2011, Cameron worked with a variety of organizations, providing strategic oversight to their meetings and events, domestically and internationally, including Pro Bono Institute, Department of Defense HIV/AIDS Prevention Program, President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief, IEEE Energy Conversion Congress & Expo, Alliance for Continuing Education in the Health Professions, Regional Airline Association and MilliCare.
Prior to joining SmithBucklin, Cameron served as manager of meetings of the Association of American Medical Colleges, where she was responsible for managing the activities of meeting staff and maintaining full logistical responsibility for three meetings per year. Cameron holds a bachelor’s degree in Music Theater from Christopher Newport University in Newport News, Va. She is a member of the American Society of Association Executives and serves as past chair of the ASAE Meetings & Expositions Professionals Council. Additionally, Cameron holds the Certified Association Executive Designation from ASAE and a Certification in Meeting Management from Meeting Professionals International.
“It is an honor to have been selected to work with professionals who provide life-changing impact serving the people in their communities,” Cameron said. “I am excited to work closely with the AAMS Board of Directors and MedEvac Foundation Board of Trustees to engage our members at every level, make our collective voices heard on Capitol Hill, and ensure financial stability for a strong future.”
Following the announcement of the departure of Rick Sherlock, in June 2019, the extensive executive search was again conducted by Wendy Pangburn of Pangburn International. After joining AAMS in 2012, Rick has been a dedicated member of the critical care transport industry for nearly eight years. His valuable contributions and advocacy on behalf of the industry will be missed.
AAMS welcomes Cameron to the team!
- Babcock Selects Bell 429 for Australian Special Forces bid
- UKMFTS program adds first of four additional Airbus H145s
- ACC Aviation Partners with AeroMedical
- Wings Air Helicopters offers free flights for healthcare professionals
- Wingcopter is one of 9 winners of German Government’s €24M hackathon
- Leonardo AW159 Wildcat conducts first successful firings of Thales ‘Martlet’ LMM
- Swiss training solution company VRM completes second funding round
- Christoph 49 celebrates 20 years of takeover by the DRF Luftrettung
- Intrinsic Aviation announces JV with Arena Investors
- COVID19 – CHC cancels 2020 Safety & Quality Summit
- COVID19 – Scottish island to receive pandemic test kits by drone
- COVID19 – EpiShuttle arrives in France for evaluation
- DRF Luftrettung H135 and H145 receive EMS equipment
- COVID-19 – MD Helicopter launches flight support for COVID-19 humanitarian missions
- Autoflug and Volocopter partner on air taxi seats
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules