NHV Group, a leading provider of B2B helicopter services, today announced that it has gained an Air Operator Certificate (AOC) by the UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA).
With this AOC, NHV again confirms its intention to strengthen its position in the UK offshore helicopter segment. The Group has currently inducted 7 aircraft under its UK AOC, all of which were previously registered under NHV’s Belgian AOC. The UK AOC will also enable NHV to continue to operate flights from its existing bases in Aberdeen and Norwich regardless of the outcome of talks on a future UK-EU aviation agreement.
Michael Gislam, Accountable Manager of NHV’s UK AOC, said: “We are proud to have been granted our AOC after demonstrating our compliance to the UK CAA’s requirements. The support and dedication of the UK Civil Aviation Authority in processing our certification was outstanding, and I thank all stakeholders who have worked hard and tirelessly to achieve this AOC certification.”
Jamie John, Base Manager Aberdeen, added: “I believe it was the right call and right time to pursue our UK AOC. We have been extremely encouraged by the level of interest from our customers during the certification process. By adding the UK AOC to our portfolio, we already have a key part of our Brexit contingency plan in place.”
“The accreditation of our UK AOC is a testament to our Group’s high standards of safety and operational excellence. This accomplishment is a proud moment in NHV’s history and I am convinced it will bring along business opportunities for our global helicopter services portfolio,” said Steffen Bay, CEO of NHV Group.
About NHV Group:
NHV Group, with headquarters in Ostend Belgium, is specialized in B-to-B helicopter services and has a strong geographic presence in Europe and Western Africa. The group has a multipurpose high value fleet of +60 helicopters. NHV conducts operations out of several bases on 2 continents with a team of over 550 employees. NHV’s main focus is on the energy producing industry. The group has a leading position in Europe as the only helicopter operator that conducts operations in every oil producing country in the region. The scope of work also includes: Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS), Maritime Services, which include Search and Rescue (SAR), offshore Wind Farms and Harbour Pilot Services. Vertech Offshore and Airlift are two specialized companies within the NHV Group who are leaders in their niche of flare tip replacement and power grid construction and maintenance. Aside from the helicopter operations, NHV is an approved training organization (ATO) and an official service center for our partner Airbus Helicopters. NHV also provides maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) solutions. In addition to supporting its own fleet, NHV provides extensive third party maintenance services to a variety of civil and military clients. NHV’s majority shareholder is Ardian, the world-leading private investment house with assets of US$96bn managed or advised in Europe, the Americas and Asia.
- NHV awarded contract by Allseas Engineering
- Dentons represents Airbus Bank on Mexican H145 and H175 financing
- NHV Awarded Offshore Contract by Neptune Energy
- Denmark sets 2050 as the end of oil production
- CHC starts 15 week Petrogas contract
- Airbus H175 to bolster Omni’s oil and gas operations in Brazil
- 23-Sep-20 G-???? Airbus H175 Aberdeen, UK
- Babcock wins major new contracts with Total E&P UK
- NHV H175 fleet exceeds 40,000 FHRS
- NHV extends North Sea contract with Ithaca Energy
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- Babcock Offshore secures new North Sea helicopter contract
- Airbus becomes first manufacturer to digitise paper logcards
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- Full Flight Simulator upgraded
- NHV awarded contract from Premier Oil
- NHV gains 12th H175
- Airbus becomes first helicopter manufacturer to digitise paper logcards