A notice on the home page of Soloy’s website announces “The ownership of Soloy Aviation Solutions has been transferred to Fifty-Ten-Yankee, LLC. We will still be doing business as Soloy Aviation Solutions with some changes to the product line. The operation is moving into a new facility at the Olympia airport. During this transition parts sales and product support will be affected by this activity so we ask for your patience. Please use the following email and phone numbers. [email protected] [email protected] (360) 754-7000.” This covers the Bell 206L window kit favoured by tour operators and seen in the header image of this story.
In recent days, Airwork in New Zealand announced they had acquired the helicopter engine upgrade STCs, including the ability to convert the turbine engine in AS350BA and B2 aircraft from a Safran Arriel engine to the Honeywell LTS101 or Rolls-Royce 250-C30 engine.
“The Soloy STC is known around the world and we are thrilled they have given Airwork exclusive ownership of the Soloy AS350 Super D, SD1 and SD2 STCs. These are a valued addition to the range of design modifications already held by Airwork under FAA, Transport Canada and EASA”, Shane McMahon, Airwork General Manager, said in his company’s announcement.
Elling Halvorson a Director of Soloy said, “he is pleased to be able to pass stewardship of these Soloy STC’s to a company with the breadth of capability to be able to support our existing customers and continue to service the huge demand for this modification.”
Existing operators of the Soloy AS350 engine STC will continue to be supported by the Airwork Customer Care Team, with spare parts provisioning and technical advice for their Honeywell LTS101 and Rolls-Royce 250-C30 engine modification.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- HSC-22 Receives First MQ-8C Firescout
- Neptune Energy extends contract with CHC Helicopters
- Baden-Württemberg police take on new fire-fighting role
- Bell Presents the Turkish Director General of Forestry with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Bell Presents the Turkish National Police with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to feature in new TV series
- STARS to take over Lifeflight in Manitoba
- Volocopter offers reservations for commercial flights
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505