A notice on the home page of Soloy’s website announces “The ownership of Soloy Aviation Solutions has been transferred to Fifty-Ten-Yankee, LLC. We will still be doing business as Soloy Aviation Solutions with some changes to the product line. The operation is moving into a new facility at the Olympia airport. During this transition parts sales and product support will be affected by this activity so we ask for your patience. Please use the following email and phone numbers. [email protected] [email protected] (360) 754-7000.” This covers the Bell 206L window kit favoured by tour operators and seen in the header image of this story.
In recent days, Airwork in New Zealand announced they had acquired the helicopter engine upgrade STCs, including the ability to convert the turbine engine in AS350BA and B2 aircraft from a Safran Arriel engine to the Honeywell LTS101 or Rolls-Royce 250-C30 engine.
“The Soloy STC is known around the world and we are thrilled they have given Airwork exclusive ownership of the Soloy AS350 Super D, SD1 and SD2 STCs. These are a valued addition to the range of design modifications already held by Airwork under FAA, Transport Canada and EASA”, Shane McMahon, Airwork General Manager, said in his company’s announcement.
Elling Halvorson a Director of Soloy said, “he is pleased to be able to pass stewardship of these Soloy STC’s to a company with the breadth of capability to be able to support our existing customers and continue to service the huge demand for this modification.”
Existing operators of the Soloy AS350 engine STC will continue to be supported by the Airwork Customer Care Team, with spare parts provisioning and technical advice for their Honeywell LTS101 and Rolls-Royce 250-C30 engine modification.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Northern HeliCopter Secures HEMS Contract for German Offshore Wind Farms
- First use with DRF Luftrettung EpiShuttle for Civil Air Ambulance
- Kopter officially joins Leonardo Helicopters
- Coulson Aviation expand helicopter firefighting ops in Australia
- FlightSafety delivers the ground school portion of LiveLearning training system
- Second charity helicopter air ambulance launched in Scotland
- COVID-19 – Airbus recommendations for cleaning and disinfection of their helicopters
- STARS announce winners of 2020 Alberta Lottery
- Boeing Delivers First CH-47F Chinook to Royal Netherlands Air Force
- COVID-19 – CHC adapt AW139s with all approvals completed inside two weeks
- HeliRussia postponed to the autumn
- RAF Helicopters Support Scottish Ambulance Service Trials
- TH-119 Certification Team Wins Harry T. Jensen Award
- Japan Coast Guard orders two more H225
- Rescue helicopter ‘Juliet’ retires from Northland fleet
- US Navy grant to fund AnalySwift research to improve helicopter service life
- COVID-19 – Helijet offers free flights for healthcare workers
- Bell 360 Invictus chosen for US Army Scout Rotorcraft Competition
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements