A notice on the home page of Soloy’s website announces “The ownership of Soloy Aviation Solutions has been transferred to Fifty-Ten-Yankee, LLC. We will still be doing business as Soloy Aviation Solutions with some changes to the product line. The operation is moving into a new facility at the Olympia airport. During this transition parts sales and product support will be affected by this activity so we ask for your patience. Please use the following email and phone numbers. [email protected] [email protected] (360) 754-7000.” This covers the Bell 206L window kit favoured by tour operators and seen in the header image of this story.
In recent days, Airwork in New Zealand announced they had acquired the helicopter engine upgrade STCs, including the ability to convert the turbine engine in AS350BA and B2 aircraft from a Safran Arriel engine to the Honeywell LTS101 or Rolls-Royce 250-C30 engine.
“The Soloy STC is known around the world and we are thrilled they have given Airwork exclusive ownership of the Soloy AS350 Super D, SD1 and SD2 STCs. These are a valued addition to the range of design modifications already held by Airwork under FAA, Transport Canada and EASA”, Shane McMahon, Airwork General Manager, said in his company’s announcement.
Elling Halvorson a Director of Soloy said, “he is pleased to be able to pass stewardship of these Soloy STC’s to a company with the breadth of capability to be able to support our existing customers and continue to service the huge demand for this modification.”
Existing operators of the Soloy AS350 engine STC will continue to be supported by the Airwork Customer Care Team, with spare parts provisioning and technical advice for their Honeywell LTS101 and Rolls-Royce 250-C30 engine modification.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award