A notice on the home page of Soloy’s website announces “The ownership of Soloy Aviation Solutions has been transferred to Fifty-Ten-Yankee, LLC. We will still be doing business as Soloy Aviation Solutions with some changes to the product line. The operation is moving into a new facility at the Olympia airport. During this transition parts sales and product support will be affected by this activity so we ask for your patience. Please use the following email and phone numbers. [email protected] [email protected] (360) 754-7000.” This covers the Bell 206L window kit favoured by tour operators and seen in the header image of this story.
In recent days, Airwork in New Zealand announced they had acquired the helicopter engine upgrade STCs, including the ability to convert the turbine engine in AS350BA and B2 aircraft from a Safran Arriel engine to the Honeywell LTS101 or Rolls-Royce 250-C30 engine.
“The Soloy STC is known around the world and we are thrilled they have given Airwork exclusive ownership of the Soloy AS350 Super D, SD1 and SD2 STCs. These are a valued addition to the range of design modifications already held by Airwork under FAA, Transport Canada and EASA”, Shane McMahon, Airwork General Manager, said in his company’s announcement.
Elling Halvorson a Director of Soloy said, “he is pleased to be able to pass stewardship of these Soloy STC’s to a company with the breadth of capability to be able to support our existing customers and continue to service the huge demand for this modification.”
Existing operators of the Soloy AS350 engine STC will continue to be supported by the Airwork Customer Care Team, with spare parts provisioning and technical advice for their Honeywell LTS101 and Rolls-Royce 250-C30 engine modification.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- China to sanction Lockheed Martin
- Innisfail Health Centre helipad closed for safety improvements
- Newport Helicopter Tours Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- KAI aims to export first Korean-made helicopter to Indonesia
- Air ambulances in Nova Scotia now carry supply of blood
- Melfort Union Hospital helipad goes out to tender
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package to Mexio
- Nigerian Air Force inaugurates helipad for anti-bandit operations
- First Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey delivered to Japan
- Royal Hobart Hospital helipad now open
- Trakka delivers total surveillance solutions package for Colombian National Police
- Black Hills Life Flight adds blood and plasma to all flights
- Kaikoura Helicopters partners with marine welfare organisation
- Ace Aeronautics Earns STC for ACE DECK VL-60 Integrated Flight Deck
- A Reduction in Helicopter Operations Leads to a Reduction in Accidents
- Airbus marks 60 years of long-standing partnership with Japan
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone