A notice on the home page of Soloy’s website announces “The ownership of Soloy Aviation Solutions has been transferred to Fifty-Ten-Yankee, LLC. We will still be doing business as Soloy Aviation Solutions with some changes to the product line. The operation is moving into a new facility at the Olympia airport. During this transition parts sales and product support will be affected by this activity so we ask for your patience. Please use the following email and phone numbers. [email protected] [email protected] (360) 754-7000.” This covers the Bell 206L window kit favoured by tour operators and seen in the header image of this story.
In recent days, Airwork in New Zealand announced they had acquired the helicopter engine upgrade STCs, including the ability to convert the turbine engine in AS350BA and B2 aircraft from a Safran Arriel engine to the Honeywell LTS101 or Rolls-Royce 250-C30 engine.
“The Soloy STC is known around the world and we are thrilled they have given Airwork exclusive ownership of the Soloy AS350 Super D, SD1 and SD2 STCs. These are a valued addition to the range of design modifications already held by Airwork under FAA, Transport Canada and EASA”, Shane McMahon, Airwork General Manager, said in his company’s announcement.
Elling Halvorson a Director of Soloy said, “he is pleased to be able to pass stewardship of these Soloy STC’s to a company with the breadth of capability to be able to support our existing customers and continue to service the huge demand for this modification.”
Existing operators of the Soloy AS350 engine STC will continue to be supported by the Airwork Customer Care Team, with spare parts provisioning and technical advice for their Honeywell LTS101 and Rolls-Royce 250-C30 engine modification.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020