Kaman Aerospace, a division of Kaman Corporation (NYSE:KAMN), announced that it received a new order for the K-MAX® medium-to-heavy lift helicopter. This brings the total number of firm orders since the relaunch of production to thirteen aircraft. The most recent order is from a new operator, Heli Air-Swiss a member of Heli-Austria of St. Johann im Pongau, Austria. Heli-Austria currently operates 35 aircraft focused on emergency medical services, tourism, aerial construction and flight training. Delivery of this aircraft is planned for December of 2019.
“Heli-Austria has been in operation for over 35 years and at this time, we have extended our range of operation from within Austria to projects worldwide, adapting our capabilities to the ever-growing needs of our clients. Adding K-MAX® to our fleet is an important step for new customer offerings and expanding our overall capabilities”, stated
Roy Knaus, CEO of Heli-Austria.
“We are excited to welcome Heli-Austria, a new operator in the European market to the K-MAX® family. The K-MAX® continues to deliver proven performance and provides a dependable solution for operators and end users”, stated Darlene Smith, VP & GM, Kaman Air Vehicles Division.
Development of the K-MAX® was led by Kaman founder and former CEO, aviation pioneer
Charlie H. Kaman, and received Federal Aviation Administration certification in 1994. The single-engine, single-seat K-MAX® is a rugged low-maintenance aircraft that features a counter-rotating rotor system and is optimized for external load operations and designed specifically for vertical reference flight. The aircraft can lift up to 6,000 pounds (2,722 kg).
- Entrol welcomes HELISEVEN to its client list
- EASA SIB 2020-13 Provision of ground handling services at aerodromes following COVID-19 outbreak
- Lydd SAR base passes 1,000 taskings milestone
- Boeing Receives $265 Million Chinook Helicopter Order
- Churchill Navigation and Shotover Camera Systems Merge
- USAIG expands safety collaboration with Airbus
- Airbus Fleet Master presents uninterrupted data chain
- EHang Launches Intelligent Aerial Firefighting Solution
- VHA Receives TIA on 206B Version 2 Main Rotor Blades
- Lifeflight’s AW139 fleet marks milestone
- Bristow to close two Lousiana bases with 350 job losses, claims union
- Eight Air Evac Lifefteam bases in Arkansas now carry blood
- Malaysian Ministry of Health outsources EMS helicopter service
- Metro Aviation delivers first of two helicopters to HealthNet
- Apollo Air Services to promote Aviation Clean Air purifier units in Europe
- 06-Aug-20 N911EP Hughes OH-6 Chesterfield, US-Missouri
- Kaman Recognized by Sikorsky as Elite Supplier
- Maelstrom AFB opens Helicopter Operations Alert Facility
- EHang to Expand Production Facility
- Rotor Accessories produces tear-resistant R44 sun shades