Air Center Helicopters, Inc (ACHI) has signed a set of HCare Smart parts-by-the-hour contracts for 10 of its Airbus H225 helicopters. These aircraft are currently in operation with the U.S. Armed Forces for passenger transport, Special Operations Forces training, vertical replenishment and casualty evacuation missions.
The HCare Smart contracts cover a three-year period and have been customized to meet the material support and spare parts requirements of helicopters flying in demanding theaters of operation, including a dedicated spare parts consignment stock. With this contract, 10 of the 17 H225s in ACHI’s fleet are now covered by HCare.
“Our in-service H225 fleet was repurposed from the offshore oil & gas market and retrofitted for new missions in just under one year,” said Rod Tinney, CEO of ACHI. “Today these 10 civilian helicopters are on contract performing military missions for the U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force and U.S. Army in three countries and two oceans. In a short amount of time, they have already accumulated more than 3,000 flight hours. Having in-service support we can rely on through HCare is indispensable and will help us continue this momentum, flying an expected 400 to 1000 flight hours per year per aircraft.”
“Thanks to ACHI’s innovative approach, these civil aircraft have been swiftly put back in service for new missions with military customers, making their H225 fleet among the world’s largest,” said Christoph Zammert, Executive Vice President of Customer Support & Services at Airbus Helicopters. “Ensuring aircraft availability through support packages tailored to the unique needs of military operators is an essential requirement, and one that we’re honoured to provide ACHI.”
ACHI’s remaining seven H225s are currently undergoing retrofit for their new missions and are expected to all enter operation by March 2020. As of today, around 55 former oil & gas H225s have been reconfigured for aerial work, utility, firefighting and search and rescue.
Airbus Helicopters’ range of HCare material management services starts out with Easy (on-request catalogue services) and Smart (four by-the-hour options), before progressively building up to Infinite (full availability commitments).
HCare is Airbus Helicopters’ comprehensive services offer, providing superior customer service support in five domains: Material Management; Helicopter Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and upgrades; Technical Support; Training & Flight Operations and Connected Services.
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award