Air Center Helicopters, Inc (ACHI) has signed a set of HCare Smart parts-by-the-hour contracts for 10 of its Airbus H225 helicopters. These aircraft are currently in operation with the U.S. Armed Forces for passenger transport, Special Operations Forces training, vertical replenishment and casualty evacuation missions.
The HCare Smart contracts cover a three-year period and have been customized to meet the material support and spare parts requirements of helicopters flying in demanding theaters of operation, including a dedicated spare parts consignment stock. With this contract, 10 of the 17 H225s in ACHI’s fleet are now covered by HCare.
“Our in-service H225 fleet was repurposed from the offshore oil & gas market and retrofitted for new missions in just under one year,” said Rod Tinney, CEO of ACHI. “Today these 10 civilian helicopters are on contract performing military missions for the U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force and U.S. Army in three countries and two oceans. In a short amount of time, they have already accumulated more than 3,000 flight hours. Having in-service support we can rely on through HCare is indispensable and will help us continue this momentum, flying an expected 400 to 1000 flight hours per year per aircraft.”
“Thanks to ACHI’s innovative approach, these civil aircraft have been swiftly put back in service for new missions with military customers, making their H225 fleet among the world’s largest,” said Christoph Zammert, Executive Vice President of Customer Support & Services at Airbus Helicopters. “Ensuring aircraft availability through support packages tailored to the unique needs of military operators is an essential requirement, and one that we’re honoured to provide ACHI.”
ACHI’s remaining seven H225s are currently undergoing retrofit for their new missions and are expected to all enter operation by March 2020. As of today, around 55 former oil & gas H225s have been reconfigured for aerial work, utility, firefighting and search and rescue.
Airbus Helicopters’ range of HCare material management services starts out with Easy (on-request catalogue services) and Smart (four by-the-hour options), before progressively building up to Infinite (full availability commitments).
HCare is Airbus Helicopters’ comprehensive services offer, providing superior customer service support in five domains: Material Management; Helicopter Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and upgrades; Technical Support; Training & Flight Operations and Connected Services.
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s