There was more than one reason for Redhead Equipment to celebrate today at their North Battleford location. The more than 70 year-old business not only hosted a grand re-opening of their newest branch, but they also announced a $1 million gift to STARS air ambulance.
Today’s announcement renews a partnership between Redhead Equipment and STARS that goes back to the establishment of the non-profit, charitable helicopter air ambulance service in 2012. With this renewed gift, Redhead Equipment has provided more than $2 million in support of STARS’ operations in Saskatchewan.
“Supporting a charity like STARS is integral to a company like ours,” said Gary Redhead, president and CEO of Redhead Equipment. “Since many of our customers and staff live in rural areas where access to emergency services isn’t easily accessible, it’s important to support an organization like STARS who will be there for them in their greatest moment of need,” he added.
Redhead Equipment’s donation will be directed toward the operation of STARS’ helicopter air ambulance bases in Regina and Saskatoon. The Government of Saskatchewan provides approximately 50 per cent of the funds needed to run STARS in province, meaning the STARS Foundation must raise the remaining $10.5 million annually.
“STARS would not exist in Saskatchewan without the generous support from companies like Redhead Equipment, and we’re incredibly thankful to them for being with us from the beginning,” said Andrea Robertson, STARS president and CEO.
“Our supporters ride along with us on every mission, and Redhead’s renewed commitment will enable us to continue fighting for the lives of patients when they need us most, in communities across the province,” Robertson said.
- Jordan’s first female pilot trains in the USA
- Rostec attracts UAE investor for VR-Technoloiges
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services launch groundbreaking urban mobility concept
- Airbus delivers first H145M to Luxembourg
- Follow-on Testing for LONGBOW Fire Control Radar Successful
- Airbus signs HCare contract with STARS Air Ambulance
- StandardAero Announces Opening of MRO Facility in Canada
- Mi-38 launched in the international market
- Leonardo delivers AW169M to Italian Guardia di Finanza
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award