Simplex, a company of DART Aerospace, has received FAA approval for the Approved Models List (AML) extension of their STC SR02657SE. This certification applies to the UH-60/S-70 Black Hawks’ Simplex Model 370i Internal Fire Attack System (FAS). This AML extension adds 11 eligible UH-60/S-70 Type Certificates (TCs) to the existing STC, bringing the total to 12 UH-60/S-70 TCs that are now approved for operation with the Simplex Model 370i FAS.
The complete AML extension includes 12 TCs from the following customers: ACE Aeronautics LLC, BHI H60 Helicopters LLC, Billings Flying Service, Carson Helicopters, High Performance Helicopters Corp., Pickering Aviation Inc., PJ Helicopters Inc., Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, Sixtyhawk TC LLC, Skydance Black Hawk Operations LLC, Timberline Helicopters Inc., Unical Aviation Inc.
The Model 370i, originally certified for installation and operation on the Timberline Helicopters Inc. TC, is the first and only FAA certified internal FAS for the Black Hawk helicopter. The system was developed primarily for restricted category civil aerial firefighting operators and requires no modifications to the aircraft structure.
Mark Zimmerman, Senior Vice-President of Business Development – Aerial Firefighting states, “With this AML amendment, the Simplex-DART team has expanded the reach of the 370i FAS to the entire fleet of known Civil Type Certified Black Hawks. More Black Hawk operators now have the ability to use their equipped helicopters with this Fire Attack System to save lives and property at risk from the escalating global wildland fire crisis.”
The Model 370i is a 900-gallon internal tank system that utilizes a single dispersal door that drops water/foam through the cargo hook well. The internal tank system is made from a proprietary lightweight composite matrix that provides superior corrosion and fatigue resistance compared to metal tanks. The tank utilizes a 1000 gallon per minute hover refill system and has dual ground fill ports for increased flexibility and safety during ground filling operations.
Simplex was recently acquired by Canadian helicopter mission equipment manufacturer DART Aerospace.
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat