Simplex, a company of DART Aerospace, has received FAA approval for the Approved Models List (AML) extension of their STC SR02657SE. This certification applies to the UH-60/S-70 Black Hawks’ Simplex Model 370i Internal Fire Attack System (FAS). This AML extension adds 11 eligible UH-60/S-70 Type Certificates (TCs) to the existing STC, bringing the total to 12 UH-60/S-70 TCs that are now approved for operation with the Simplex Model 370i FAS.
The complete AML extension includes 12 TCs from the following customers: ACE Aeronautics LLC, BHI H60 Helicopters LLC, Billings Flying Service, Carson Helicopters, High Performance Helicopters Corp., Pickering Aviation Inc., PJ Helicopters Inc., Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, Sixtyhawk TC LLC, Skydance Black Hawk Operations LLC, Timberline Helicopters Inc., Unical Aviation Inc.
The Model 370i, originally certified for installation and operation on the Timberline Helicopters Inc. TC, is the first and only FAA certified internal FAS for the Black Hawk helicopter. The system was developed primarily for restricted category civil aerial firefighting operators and requires no modifications to the aircraft structure.
Mark Zimmerman, Senior Vice-President of Business Development – Aerial Firefighting states, “With this AML amendment, the Simplex-DART team has expanded the reach of the 370i FAS to the entire fleet of known Civil Type Certified Black Hawks. More Black Hawk operators now have the ability to use their equipped helicopters with this Fire Attack System to save lives and property at risk from the escalating global wildland fire crisis.”
The Model 370i is a 900-gallon internal tank system that utilizes a single dispersal door that drops water/foam through the cargo hook well. The internal tank system is made from a proprietary lightweight composite matrix that provides superior corrosion and fatigue resistance compared to metal tanks. The tank utilizes a 1000 gallon per minute hover refill system and has dual ground fill ports for increased flexibility and safety during ground filling operations.
Simplex was recently acquired by Canadian helicopter mission equipment manufacturer DART Aerospace.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020