Simplex, a company of DART Aerospace, has received FAA approval for the Approved Models List (AML) extension of their STC SR02657SE. This certification applies to the UH-60/S-70 Black Hawks’ Simplex Model 370i Internal Fire Attack System (FAS). This AML extension adds 11 eligible UH-60/S-70 Type Certificates (TCs) to the existing STC, bringing the total to 12 UH-60/S-70 TCs that are now approved for operation with the Simplex Model 370i FAS.
The complete AML extension includes 12 TCs from the following customers: ACE Aeronautics LLC, BHI H60 Helicopters LLC, Billings Flying Service, Carson Helicopters, High Performance Helicopters Corp., Pickering Aviation Inc., PJ Helicopters Inc., Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, Sixtyhawk TC LLC, Skydance Black Hawk Operations LLC, Timberline Helicopters Inc., Unical Aviation Inc.
The Model 370i, originally certified for installation and operation on the Timberline Helicopters Inc. TC, is the first and only FAA certified internal FAS for the Black Hawk helicopter. The system was developed primarily for restricted category civil aerial firefighting operators and requires no modifications to the aircraft structure.
Mark Zimmerman, Senior Vice-President of Business Development – Aerial Firefighting states, “With this AML amendment, the Simplex-DART team has expanded the reach of the 370i FAS to the entire fleet of known Civil Type Certified Black Hawks. More Black Hawk operators now have the ability to use their equipped helicopters with this Fire Attack System to save lives and property at risk from the escalating global wildland fire crisis.”
The Model 370i is a 900-gallon internal tank system that utilizes a single dispersal door that drops water/foam through the cargo hook well. The internal tank system is made from a proprietary lightweight composite matrix that provides superior corrosion and fatigue resistance compared to metal tanks. The tank utilizes a 1000 gallon per minute hover refill system and has dual ground fill ports for increased flexibility and safety during ground filling operations.
Simplex was recently acquired by Canadian helicopter mission equipment manufacturer DART Aerospace.
- US approves sale of eight MV-22s Ospreys to Indonesia
- Airbus facilitates first e-delivery in Asia Pacific
- SPAES modifies AS350 external mirror mounting
- Schiebel Camcopter to fly Coast Guard ops in Finland, Sweden and Estonia
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Police Aviation News – July 2020 Edition
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device