Simplex, a company of DART Aerospace, has received FAA approval for the Approved Models List (AML) extension of their STC SR02657SE. This certification applies to the UH-60/S-70 Black Hawks’ Simplex Model 370i Internal Fire Attack System (FAS). This AML extension adds 11 eligible UH-60/S-70 Type Certificates (TCs) to the existing STC, bringing the total to 12 UH-60/S-70 TCs that are now approved for operation with the Simplex Model 370i FAS.
The complete AML extension includes 12 TCs from the following customers: ACE Aeronautics LLC, BHI H60 Helicopters LLC, Billings Flying Service, Carson Helicopters, High Performance Helicopters Corp., Pickering Aviation Inc., PJ Helicopters Inc., Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation, Sixtyhawk TC LLC, Skydance Black Hawk Operations LLC, Timberline Helicopters Inc., Unical Aviation Inc.
The Model 370i, originally certified for installation and operation on the Timberline Helicopters Inc. TC, is the first and only FAA certified internal FAS for the Black Hawk helicopter. The system was developed primarily for restricted category civil aerial firefighting operators and requires no modifications to the aircraft structure.
Mark Zimmerman, Senior Vice-President of Business Development – Aerial Firefighting states, “With this AML amendment, the Simplex-DART team has expanded the reach of the 370i FAS to the entire fleet of known Civil Type Certified Black Hawks. More Black Hawk operators now have the ability to use their equipped helicopters with this Fire Attack System to save lives and property at risk from the escalating global wildland fire crisis.”
The Model 370i is a 900-gallon internal tank system that utilizes a single dispersal door that drops water/foam through the cargo hook well. The internal tank system is made from a proprietary lightweight composite matrix that provides superior corrosion and fatigue resistance compared to metal tanks. The tank utilizes a 1000 gallon per minute hover refill system and has dual ground fill ports for increased flexibility and safety during ground filling operations.
Simplex was recently acquired by Canadian helicopter mission equipment manufacturer DART Aerospace.
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms
- New USHST Report Lays Down a Path for Automatic Flight Control Systems in Light Helicopters
- Bell V-280 Valor short-listed for Collier Trophy
- FRASCA Expands Capacity for Level D FFS Contract
- NY National Guard Honors Fallen Aircrew
- HAI names winner of 2021 Salute to Excellence award for Communications
- Police Aviation News – March 2021 Edition
- Bell awarded $16M contract for engineering AH-Z and UH-1
- EHang Supports Chinese National Transportation Network Plan
- Le Havre marine pilots lose AS365N3 cruise altitude to just 60 feet
- Israel selects CH-53K from Sikorsky over CH-F47 from Boeing
- UK man jailed for shining torch into police helicopter cockpit
- Dropsafe launches Helideck Perimeter Safety Net
- EHang explores coastal Urban Air Mobility with first over-water EH216 flights
- Archer commits Urban Air Mobility Network In Los Angeles by 2024