Airbus Helicopters is proposing on H145 a new solution to prevent loose screws in the door locking mechanism, while improving its robustness and reliability.
This upgrade solution, based on a new design of the outer door handle, effective for both pilot and sliding doors, consists of:
• The use of additional flange bushings, Teflon washers and shims combined together with the different screw types,
• The assembly of the parts with a stronger Loctite.
As a benefit, the axial load to the assembly is avoided and the screw can be additionally secured with a defined torque.
The modification can be performed by customers or within our network, it requires 20 Man hours for removal of the doors, installation of the upgrade and reassembly of the doors.
This upgrade is applicable on BK117 C-2 and D-2 aircraft types, and as a standard for new H145 aircraft produced from now on.
Detailed information is available through the MBB-BK117 C-2-52-022 and SB MBB‐BK117 D‐2‐52‐006 service bulletins.
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award